Condominium Purchase Registration Fee Amount?

Hi All, thanks for the good info on the forum.

I'm due to complete purchase of condo unit at Twin Peaks Chiang Mai soon.

The prelim closing statement indicates a 'registration fee' of more than 43,000 baht.

I realize that there probably is such a fee payable, but the amount seems excessive to me. I suppose this fee is paid to the "Land Office" upon registration so the amount may be determined by statute. anybody with experience or information to indicate whether the charge is legit?

thanks in advance!

Hi All, thanks for the good info on the forum.

I'm due to complete purchase of condo unit at Twin Peaks Chiang Mai soon.

The prelim closing statement indicates a 'registration fee' of more than 43,000 baht.

I realize that there probably is such a fee payable, but the amount seems excessive to me. I suppose this fee is paid to the "Land Office" upon registration so the amount may be determined by statute. anybody with experience or information to indicate whether the charge is legit?

thanks in advance!

Hi gankeowan,

Does that inlude any stamp duty? I'm completeing the sale on a condo in Chiang Mai in April and I was quoted about 70,000 fees on a 1,300,000 sale price. This however included everything, transfer fee, stamp duty etc and I was able to negotiate with the owner for him to pay all the fees. If the fee is paid to the land office you can be assured that it will be correct but maybe suss if twin Peaks requests payment direct to them. Maybe a check with the land office on the fees applicable to your purchase might be the go. Cheers!!!

Edited by wadsy