Saraburi Immigration

Did my 90 day reporting yesterday, must have been the quickest ever. Arrived just after 9am and there was no one else there, so straight up to the counter, handed over my passport with the slip of paper in it and got it all back within a few moments. Couldn't have been there more than a couple of minutes including parking the car. :clap2:

The Saraburi office never seems to be busy, unlike some of the horror stories I read on here, get up at 5am to get a ticket number just to wait in line all day :w00t:.

There always seems to be a different lot of people there whenever I go, all very polite and friendly. I just wonder if this is could be the mysterious "Inactive" post for Immigration officers :whistling: 

Good news if you come from the Saraburi side. A new U-Turn flyover has opened right by the Immigration Office exit so not necessary to go half way to Bangkok to make a U-Turn like before.

:smile:

I take it that it is still located in the PTT service station on the frontage Road, Route 1. I remember when it first opened and thought a strange place to open an IO. 

I notice now there are two Burger King joints north and southbound, another decade and they may reach Phetchabun. Not that I go at 40 Baht to one Punt. 

Yes still in the old service station. Since they opened the new service station just before and right next to the old one (sees a strange thing to do) the Immigration Office looks like the only business left in the now deserted station.

Wonder what the plans are for the old station lot? There must be some development plan for it. Just hope they keep the IO office there. Quite convenient, especially now with the new U-turn saving me gallons in fuel. :guitar: