New Airport

Bonaparte

The area could sure use a general aviation airport.

doesnt it already have one ? ...... hua hin airport

6km north of hua hin.

private planes , thai airways training school and a few commercial flights operate from it.

Hua Hin has a wonderful airport and terminal but at present it is being used by the Civil Aviation Training Center for daily training flights. Private aircraft are not permitted without a special one-flight permit applied for and issued in Bangkok in rare instances. It must be approved by the King's Guard and is good for one flight only.

6km north of hua hin.

private planes , thai airways training school and a few commercial flights operate from it.

Hua Hin has a wonderful airport and terminal but at present it is being used by the Civil Aviation Training Center for daily training flights. Private aircraft are not permitted without a special one-flight permit applied for and issued in Bangkok in rare instances. It must be approved by the King's Guard and is good for one flight only.

The good folks at SGA are still operating 4 times a day are they not?

http://www.huahinairport.com/

SS

Yes, the SGA 12 seater Cessna Caravan is still coming 4 times a day. I talked to the Thai owner of Pattaya Airpark this morning before I flew across the bay Pattaya to Cha-am. He is trying to start a service Pattaya-HuaHin with his Cessna 206 this year. That plane would take up to 5 passengers.

The place is like a ghost town with s few peoiple mauling about. Seems to be workable as I flew oujt on an SGA with 5 others a week or so ago! RFeminds me of small airports in Central America! the run way is long enough etc and ther is a big sort of lobby....coiuld would no problem... HH might become home!

• 4 months later...

6km north of hua hin.

This more or less verifies what I heard after the Bangkok Airways flights ceased, commercial flights will not be allowed on a scheduled basis because they would be a disturnace to the King who is usually resident in his abode nearby.