Rent A Car (avis, Budget, Hertz)

Krub

Hi,

Any of you have first hand experience of renting from one of the big 3 rent a car from the airport ?

Do you get your car from the terminal or do you go to their office/parking in a van and drive your car from there ?

What about returning the car ?

I try to find out the time it will/might take from exiting customs to leaving with the car.

Is it easy or do you have to wait long time for the van to bring you to/from the terminal and how far is it ?

Thanks

You didn't say which country but I suspect the UK right?

When you get out of the Airport most car hire companies will have a desk available near the exit. If it is manned then go and speak to them and they will do the rest. If they aren't manned, then go outside and you will usually find a bus stop or a mini van (you can spot them because they have HERTZ or ALVIS written all over them) whose soul intention is to take you to the main office where you can register, pay and then pick up the car. These are usually located in one of the long stay car parking zones about 10 minutes from the airport.

When you return your car, you can either arrange to take it back to where you picked it up from OR you can arrange to drop it off at any regional office that suits you.

It's all quite easy and I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just follow the signs when you get off the other end.

You didn't say which country but I suspect the UK right?

When you get out of the Airport most car hire companies will have a desk available near the exit. If it is manned then go and speak to them and they will do the rest. If they aren't manned, then go outside and you will usually find a bus stop or a mini van (you can spot them because they have HERTZ or ALVIS written all over them) whose soul intention is to take you to the main office where you can register, pay and then pick up the car. These are usually located in one of the long stay car parking zones about 10 minutes from the airport.

When you return your car, you can either arrange to take it back to where you picked it up from OR you can arrange to drop it off at any regional office that suits you.

It's all quite easy and I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just follow the signs when you get off the other end.

Hi Thanks for your help but I was looking for info on Bangkok airport not the UK

Especially interrested to know if they have their own van to transport customers to the car pick-up area or do I have to take the general bus to the transportation center an dmake my own way to the rent a car office/parking...

Hi,

Any of you have first hand experience of renting from one of the big 3 rent a car from the airport ?

Do you get your car from the terminal or do you go to their office/parking in a van and drive your car from there ?

I try to find out the time it will/might take from exiting customs to leaving with the car.

Is it easy or do you have to wait long time for the van to bring you to/from the terminal and how far is it ?

Thanks

My car was unavailable, and i have a oversea visitor.

I want to rent a car to go to KowYai ,i ask a Thai friend to ring for me three of the company advertise in Bangkok post , he own a car himself.

They ask to put a visa deposit of 100000 ( one hundred thousand baht ) for warranty !

Perhaps if you just a landing it is more easy! Did not find it straight forward ! I walk away from the deal !

Hi,

Thanks

I want to rent a car to go to KowYai ,i ask a Thai friend to ring for me three of the company advertise in Bangkok post , he own a car himself.

They ask to put a visa deposit of 100000 ( one hundred thousand baht ) for warranty !

Perhaps if you just a landing it is more easy! Did not find it straight forward ! I walk away from the deal !

You mean you had a reservation with Avis or another company and your car was not available at the airport ?

I am trying to find out if the 3 big rent a car companies at at SUV airport do have their own mini vans to bring customers from the terminal to their offices where the cars are parked like it is in most other countries? or do you have to find your own way by AOT public bus to the tranportation center ?

Edited by Krub

Hi,

Thanks

You mean you had a reservation with Avis or another company and your car was not available at the airport ?

I am trying to find out if the 3 big rent a car companies at at SUV airport do have their own mini vans to bring customers from the terminal to their offices where the cars are parked like it is in most other countries? or do you have to find your own way by AOT public bus to the tranportation center ?

No reservation , just was trying to rent a car from one of them .. i live in bangkok

• 2 weeks later...

I maybe a little late with this reply.

But

I have used Buget many times in Thailand.I cannot answer your questions on location at the new Airport, but if you book on line you can have a driver waiting for you ,with your car, at the arrivals.Just sign on the line , show your drivers license and he/she will take note of your credit card ,,,,,and off you go.

If you decide to return the car at another location,no problem.

All the cars I have hired from them were fine,,,some new and some newish,but never(up to now) something shabby.

Hope this helps.