Combination income /savings

It's difficult to keep up with the OA visa changes these past 2 months. Is the combo income and savings equals 800.000 still available?

If do... Say my income is 5.000 baht a month and my savings is 740.000... Or conversely... My income is 63.000 per month and my savings is 76.000. Does the savings still have to be seasoned and 50 % for the approx 6 months?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That would seem to be a good way of interpreting the rules, but if the figures are genuine I doubt that any seasoning would be required in the second case. In the first case I would expect it to be required because if you can’t find Bt 60,000 you might be considered a target.

The combination is an interesting case if related to a budget. From a practical point of view you have Bt 63000 income, you only spend a fraction of that so with Bt 2000 in the bank for the entire year you will qualify on monthly combination.
The view of Immigration is that you must have Bt 76000 in the bank but we should try to convince the Director otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bournville said:

Uups. Sorry. I can do either.. OA home country or inside Thailand.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

UbonJoe just missed the word ONLY in beginning of his post...... otherwise OK

glegolo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bournville said:

If do... Say my income is 5.000 baht a month and my savings is 740.000... Or conversely...

No problem.

My income is 63.000 per month and my savings is 76.000.

I have been told that 400K is the minimum amount of savings they will now allow, BUT other interpretations coming out of immigration say otherwise. If the others a right you would be able to use 76K.

Does the savings still have to be seasoned and 50 % for the approx 6 months?

Savings need to be seasoned for 2 months prior to the first application.  

You must keep the full amount of cash in the bank for 3 months after the extension is granted. After which, I’ve been told, you can withdraw but must leave a minimum balance of 400K. Others interpretations say you can withdraw 50% of the opening cash.

When you renew the monthly income - plus cash in the bank for 2 months - must total 800K.

You would need to ask at your local office for a definitive answer.

I have a question on this then, If I have a monthly income of 60,000 baht from the USA and multiply that by 12+ which is 720,000 baht. I only have to show that I have 80,000 baht in the bank? I am not a dumb guy, but this has confused the s%^& out of me. 

17 minutes ago, jimcarr65 said:

I have a question on this then, If I have a monthly income of 60,000 baht from the USA and multiply that by 12+ which is 720,000 baht. I only have to show that I have 80,000 baht in the bank? I am not a dumb guy, but this has confused the s%^& out of me. 

Yes, that is how it worked under the old rules; and maybe the new.

However, interpretations of the new rules suggest that you need 400K in cash as a minimum even with a monthly income of 60K pm.

• Like 1