Special rainmaking unit to be set up to alleviate drought in Buri Ram

snoop1130

This is the part about the Government must be seen to be doing something is much more important than actually doing something. Effective or NOT, this is the reality in which we live. 

On 3/6/2019 at 6:39 PM, DNPBC0 said:

The truly sad thing about this rain-making nonsense is that many Thai people believe it works.

Dont forget you cant criticise..................., heap praise  all you  like though!!!

actually, cloud seeding has had a lot of scientific studies and experiments on it with mixed results. Its not all nonsense. See - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding

Hmm, how nice! 'Thailand the land of magic'... I know who the whole concept comes from, respect for that person, he achieved a whole lot in a land of opiniated territorial bonobos, but nobody's perfect, not many people here carry the first name of Peter,  so nothing bad about ignoring his principle, wink, wink. When there are clouds carrying moisture going to possibly fall into area B or C or D, according to, ...accurate, wind direction and airpressure figures, there is a fair chance ( of xx%) to, using long known means, used well before 'elsewhere'...), be able to create some outpoor in area A situated before those others on the same line. The rest is pure mumbo-jumbo and magical stuff. As simple as that, I just hope some green clad darvish doesn't see any LM into that... What is disturbing me in this story, as in many others, is that it, bottom line, puts the intellect of a fabulous mind I do respect a lot down to the utterly low level of the general local officialdom, basically everyone allowed/made to wear a white uniform with a christmas on the left part of the chest. 

Edited by bangrak

16 hours ago, Ossy said:

Just get Prayuth to give you one of his loving smiles. Ugh! . . . that 'd make it rain.

Hang on a minute. He prayed that storms in the south a month ago not be destructive.

And guess what, the winds went away.

So why not slip him an envelope and "poof", the rain comes at the height of the dry season. 

Just as an aside.

What happened to the homosexual magician?

He disappeared with a poof.

What happened to the homosexual outlaw?

He rode into town and shot up the sheriff.

What happened to the rainmaking plans?

They went down the gurgler.

7 hours ago, SABloke said:

You must be a barrel of laughs at a party. I never disputed that cloud seeking works, and I know it's bee around for a long time and can be effective when atmospheric conditions allow. However, sometimes it's fun to make a joke.  

Fair enough.  

3 hours ago, bangrak said:

Hmm, how nice! 'Thailand the land of magic'... I know who the whole concept comes from, respect for that person, he achieved a whole lot in a land of opiniated territorial bonobos, but nobody's perfect, not many people here carry the first name of Peter,  so nothing bad about ignoring his principle, wink, wink. When there are clouds carrying moisture going to possibly fall into area B or C or D, according to, ...accurate, wind direction and airpressure figures, there is a fair chance ( of xx%) to, using long known means, used well before 'elsewhere'...), be able to create some outpoor in area A situated before those others on the same line. The rest is pure mumbo-jumbo and magical stuff. As simple as that, I just hope some green clad darvish doesn't see any LM into that... What is disturbing me in this story, as in many others, is that it, bottom line, puts the intellect of a fabulous mind I do respect a lot down to the utterly low level of the general local officialdom, basically everyone allowed/made to wear a white uniform with a christmas on the left part of the chest. 

The conditions  deemed suitable  actually occur quite frequently over target areas. But due to geographical influence precipitation occurs from those conditions outside the drought  area. Clouds  carrying moisture can pass over plain areas without precipitation. Typically  rain occurs more frequently  on  foothills after clouds pass over high terrain. Not on the  hills or  any extended plain. Seeding is attempted to cause initiate precipitation within a target area which is in need.

The  uniforms and associated  baubles are irrelevant to  the science.

Otherwise an International Patent  would never have been granted.