Visa "on Arrival" To China For German Passportholders?

as I was reading one of the recent Posts about "Visa-on-Arrival" to China - is this available for Germans?

nachdem du deutscher bist,

better ask in the German-language China-Forum at: schanghai DOT com.

I am sure u will get a reply there within a few minutes...

Went to Shanghai last year for a couple of days and picked up my Visa at the Chinese Embassy in London...passport UK/EU....loads of others in the Q including French Germans ..etc....so..

Noticed however in "town" that the Gmans have done a good job of sewing everything up.....railways,cars (taxis all VWs)airports,Hotels...but Not "the Bund".....thats Brit...from...err..Hindustan.... :o

as I was reading one of the recent Posts about "Visa-on-Arrival" to China - is this available for Germans?

To answer your question, Yes

However, the visa on arrival situation is dependant on which Airport you arrive at, and is not applicable to every Airport in China. Also in order to qualify there must be a minimum of 5 people travelling on a prepaid group tour.

In view of the fact that you may have difficulties either with checking-in without a visa, or the visa-on-arrival office may be closed that day, it is far more sensible to obtain a visa prior to departure

Countries which the visa-on- arrival are valid for are:

USA, Singapore, Russia, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Italy, Thailand, Philippine, Indonesia, Germany, Britain, France, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Spanish, Holland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand

Hope of some help