Visa waiver convert to non-b?

Hello guys,

I have an issue and I hope you can help me. I came to Thailand on exemption 30 days stamp, but i want to start work here. I found legal job in thai company and they'll provide me work permit. But i'm not sure about some things. I know i need to have non-b visa first, but how about apply for that in Thailand? I read that i need to do this in embassy outside of Thailand (Laos for example) but employers saids that we can do everything in Thailand and there is no reason to leave the country in that case. Anyone knows how it looks? Are they right?

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, grav said:

If it's too late, can i extend my extension stamp in immigration office for 30 days (1900 baht fee, right?) and then apply for non-b?

Yes you can.

They will often do the 30 day extension if you have less than 15 days and then accept the visa application during the same trip to immigration.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I have non-b for 3 months already. And i also have extended exemption stamp until 14 august. Do i have to do some kind of visa run to launch my proper visa? Or everything is working properly?

29 minutes ago, grav said:

I have non-b for 3 months already. And i also have extended exemption stamp until 14 august. Do i have to do some kind of visa run to launch my proper visa? Or everything is working properly?

If you have the 90 day entry from a non-b visa there no reason to leave the country.

The 90 day entry stamp you got cancels the extension of your visa exempt entry and the extension of it.

• Thanks 1