Uk Visas

Hi all thaivisa users. I was wondering if anybody can give me any advice on what exactly i need to have to get my thai wife a visa to visit england in the next few months. We are legally married in thailand (amphur) and have a baby son. I have been told so many stories of how easy it is, and how hard it is to get a visa for her. does anybody know exactly what i require i have heard my own property back in the uk,proof of income,bank statements etc etc, also my wife might require to have a house or business back in thailand. Can anybody give me the exact facts of what is required to obtain said visa, we are not planning to live there for ever just for periods while i am working back in the uk. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

john

Hi all thaivisa users. I was wondering if anybody can give me any advice on what exactly i need to have to get my thai wife a visa to visit england in the next few months. We are legally married in thailand (amphur) and have a baby son. I have been told so many stories of how easy it is, and how hard it is to get a visa for her. does anybody know exactly what i require i have heard my own property back in the uk,proof of income,bank statements etc etc, also my wife might require to have a house or business back in thailand. Can anybody give me the exact facts of what is required to obtain said visa, we are not planning to live there for ever just for periods while i am working back in the uk. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

john

Hi John,

I am in the same boat as you and recently did the trip to England with the missus and basically this is what we had to support our application.

Copy bank statements for both me and the wife (I put about 500k THB in her account to pad it out and had 1 million THB in mine)

Copy of my work permit and contract

Copy of my wife's ID card

Copy of Wife's passport (she has my surname)

Copy of my passport showing the page with the re-entry permit to come back

Copy of the wife's house registration card

A letter from my wife's boss saying that she worked there (she quit after the letter was provided :o)

A letter from me saying I will be responsible for all costs and repatriation back to Thailand if required

And that I think was it. We had one minor conversation with some pratt on the way in to the visa office who said my invite letter should have come from England inviting my wife to stay in my house (which I don't have) and showing a UK postage stamp. <deleted>! I asked him at which point did he think I had time to leave my job in Thailand, to go back to England, buy a house, write a letter and post it, then come back to Thailand to be with my wife, carry on with my job and then attend the application process with the wife.

At this he got up and walked away :D

Anyway, the wife got it in two days and that was that. Easy for us.

Good luck with it.

Edited by Casanundra

john

Hi John,

I am in the same boat as you and recently did the trip to England with the missus and basically this is what we had to support our application.

Copy bank statements for both me and the wife (I put about 500k THB in her account to pad it out and had 1 million THB in mine)

Copy of my work permit and contract

Copy of my wife's ID card

Copy of Wife's passport (she has my surname)

Copy of my passport showing the page with the re-entry permit to come back

Copy of the wife's house registration card

A letter from my wife's boss saying that she worked there (she quit after the letter was provided :o)

A letter from me saying I will be responsible for all costs and repatriation back to Thailand if required

And that I think was it. We had one minor conversation with some pratt on the way in to the visa office who said my invite letter should have come from England inviting my wife to stay in my house (which I don't have) and showing a UK postage stamp. <deleted>! I asked him at which point did he think I had time to leave my job in Thailand, to go back to England, buy a house, write a letter and post it, then come back to Thailand to be with my wife, carry on with my job and then attend the application process with the wife.

At this he got up and walked away :D

Anyway, the wife got it in two days and that was that. Easy for us.

Good luck with it.

Thanks for the help Casanundra :D

Just to explain a little bit more about my situation.

I rent a house in thailand, have a car and motorbike(all in my wifes name).I can show proof of support for the wife for at least a couple of years, as she is just a housewife,(i have this stated on car insurance).

However she doesnot have a house or land in her name. I work back in the uk as a self-employed electrician, i can prove tax returns for the past 3 years as never being out of work (as i have a couple of companies i do work for)except for my winter trips to thailand (approx 4 months per year). I make a very good living back in the uk (approx 4k GBP after tax) but do not own or rent my own property back in england as i work all around the country(I use my parents address as a postal address for banks and other purposes). As i have just married a couple of months ago this was ok to get my affirmation to marry from the british embassy.

As i was the purpose of the application for the visa is so that my family can stay with me in the uk while I am stuck back there for work purposes. Does anybody foresee any problems that may arise in my application that i can remedy before going through the process?

Hi I am an electrician too and had no problem getting my wifes visa. So long as you can show you can surport her and you have somewhere to live there should not be a problem. I travel overseas alot with my work and so far getting visas to any country has not been too hard. Good luck hope everything goes ok

Hi I am an electrician too and had no problem getting my wifes visa. So long as you can show you can surport her and you have somewhere to live there should not be a problem. I travel overseas alot with my work and so far getting visas to any country has not been too hard. Good luck hope everything goes ok

I agree, seems your a genuine case, they seem to know the difference.... :D and not as bad as some make out! :o

Edited by solent01