Monthly Income Bank Letter Date

Doing the Monthly Income method for an extension based on marriage, can the bank letter be dated 5 days prior to going to Immigration?

I know the money in the bank method must be dated the same day. Once again, I will be doing the Monthly Income method. Thank you

That depends upon the office where you will be doing the application.

Some offices have used the same requirements needed for the money in the bank option. No reason for it since you are not proving your a bank balance.

Like everything here, depends: on the office, IO, local weather.

Seen 0, 1, 3, 5 and 7 as options asked for, and/or granted.

Some banks say they need 5 - 7 days to generate a 12-month statement/letter.

I guess I'd aim to minimize the delay, request the letter first, then go to Immigration as soon as the letter is available.

You may also have to get a same day account ownership letter and demonstration of same-day activity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon the office where you will be doing the application.

Some offices have used the same requirements needed for the money in the bank option. No reason for it since you are not proving your a bank balance.

That is the absurdity of Immigration rules. Some offices ask for things that are not possible. Standby for the usual 'get an agent' posters. This year is a complete and utter shambles. No one knows any penalties for not complying with xyz - it is pure guesswork.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Don’t some of these monthly income letters or 12 month bank statements have to come from the main Bangkok office and take a few days to produce and be released back?...

Yes, I read that on many posts, I was at Krungsi mid may, and since I was withdrawing at the ATM from my FCD, I went in and asked them if it was possible to show the last 12 months transaction. Yes, no problem, printed at a desk in under two minutes, so it seems they have the capability to get the info almost instantly. Depends who the need to sign the letter perhaps????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UKresonant said:

printed at a desk in under two minutes, so it seems they have the capability to get the info almost instantly. Depends who the need to sign the letter perhaps????

Yes, some banks and some branches evidently have the capability to produce 12 months of records, while others do not. Not sure if the banks/branches within the Chaeng Wattana complex can?

If the branch is open you can be sure there is someone who can certify bank docuements.

My Bangkok Bank branch, relatively large, in Bangkok, says they can only produce six-months worth of "documentation". 

15 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You may also have to get a same day account ownership letter and demonstration of same-day activity.

Why? The Income based requirement is to show monthly transfers into your Thai account from abroad over the previous year, amounting to at least 65k baht each month. There is no requirement that you need to show you have used the account on any particular day.

Edited by sumrit

27 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Why?

Awesome question.

Because some IO asks for it. (Based on posts here and on FB.) Hence the use of the word "may".

Sign outside Immigration: Please Discard All Common Sense Before Entering.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Awesome question.

Because some IO asks for it. (Based on posts here and on FB.) Hence the use of the word "may".

Sign outside Immigration: Please Discard All Common Sense Before Entering.

I might be wrong but, only asked for if using the money in the bank method.

I've not seen any reports here about needing account activity on the day of applying when using the monthly income option.

Bangkok Bank told me that the letter showing all my international fund transfers for the last year comes from the main office.  So the letter will be on the day they write the letter and would have to be older than the day you go to immigration.