Fiber Optic Cable Installation - Contractors?

Thomas J

I am in a housing area that requires underground cable.  Does anyone know of a contractor that can install fiber optic cable underground.  I have about 75 meters to go from the pole on the main street to my home.  Alternatively, the home already has a conduit for the telephone line to the house that comes from the pole.  Does anyone know of someone that can pull a fiber optic cable through the existing conduit? 

Where are you?

If your phone conduit already has a pull cord installed then the ISP installation chaps should pull the fibre when they come to do your instalation. Expect to "buy them lunch" ????

Basically, it's a length of string. Usually placed when they run the conduit and used to pull the cable through when the distance is too great to use a snake.

Of course, you should pull a new cord through with the cable so you can get another cable in in future otherwise you have to use the existing cable to pull a new one.

How big is the existing phone conduit?

If you reveal where in Thailand you are located someone may be able to assist with a contractor ????

Archived