2nd Tourist Visa UK for Thai GF

Hello all i was wondering if anyone could offer some advice and guidance.

Last year my GF (4 years together) came to the UK for 3 months. We used a visa shop last time but this time I wish to do the process myself. 

When the 1st visa was accepted they gave me all my documents back but they took out the letter of invitation, and i am worried what they might have put in or lied about eg how long she was coming for. Because my GF says when they did the phone interview the man asked her if she going for 3 weeks So clearly they stated that she would be holidaying for 3 weeks but did not bother to tell me that they would be lying about that.

Do i just I write my letter of invitation as if it was my 1st and not worry about what may or may not have been in that 1st one (will they even keep anything like that for reference anyways ?) and just state honestly how long she wants to come for this 2nd time.

Also about the length of stay is it better do 1-3 months again, id like 5 or 6 but will that make future visas harder or impossible?

Put in the invitation letter how long she is going to stay, and then have her stay for that length of time. Basic rule: don't lie. The fact that she stated 3 weeks last time and then stayed for 3 months may have been noted and may influence the decision; but not much you can do about that now.

1 hour ago, P junker said:

Hello all i was wondering if anyone could offer some advice and guidance.

Last year my GF (4 years together) came to the UK for 3 months. We used a visa shop last time but this time I wish to do the process myself. 

When the 1st visa was accepted they gave me all my documents back but they took out the letter of invitation, and i am worried what they might have put in or lied about eg how long she was coming for. Because my GF says when they did the phone interview the man asked her if she going for 3 weeks So clearly they stated that she would be holidaying for 3 weeks but did not bother to tell me that they would be lying about that.

Do i just I write my letter of invitation as if it was my 1st and not worry about what may or may not have been in that 1st one (will they even keep anything like that for reference anyways ?) and just state honestly how long she wants to come for this 2nd time.

Also about the length of stay is it better do 1-3 months again, id like 5 or 6 but will that make future visas harder or impossible?

You need to explain why she stayed here for three months when you requested three weeks. If, for example, you used her job to return to as her reason to return, an ECO will wonder how she was able to stay here for three months when she had a job to rush back to. UKVI know that Thai businesses don't typically allow long holidays.

16 minutes ago, rasg said:

You need to explain why she stayed here for three months when you requested three weeks. If, for example, you used her job to return to as her reason to return, an ECO will wonder how she was able to stay here for three months when she had a job to rush back to. UKVI know that Thai businesses don't typically allow long holidays.

The only reason to return was the strength of the relationship really. No job to go back to and other than a daughter which counts for very little and rooms rented all I had to go on was me supporting her and the strength of the relationship. Id been going Thailand twice a year then since meeting her 4 years ago and then last year I spent 8 months with her in Thailand and took her Hong Kong and Cambodia as well the 3 month over here in the UK.

I guess I'll just have to state that once we were UK we felt 3 weeks was nowhere near enough time together in the UK especially after 4 years and the 3 months gave us plenty of time to do things. At least she didn't stay 6 months so i guess that is something. Im thinking it would be wise state 3 months this time and sticking to that.

Who knows what else they put in that letter, wont be going to a visa agent ever again !

5 hours ago, P junker said:

Who knows what else they put in that letter, wont be going to a visa agent ever again !

Too many cowboys in the visa business and it's not hard to do it yourself. Are you saying the visa company wrote the letter and you didn’t; see it? Surely you must have signed it?

In the end, if you relied on what you said in the last post and got the visa, there is no real reason why the next will be refused. Just explain what you said in your sponsor letter about the 3 weeks, 3 months thing. Be careful. If they think you are trying to bypass settlement visa by asking for too long, it might be refused.

I'm not one for defending the vast majority of visa shops, as opposed to accredited advisors, but your girl friends sponsorship letter/letter of invitation would not have been returned by the UKVI, I'm assuming you wrote and signed it, so will have your own copy.

Certainly she will need to explain in a future application why she spent far longer in the UK than originally declared in her application as, whilst perfectly legal to do so, depending her reasons, it could cast doubt on her earlier reasons to return.

Declaring that she intends to have a six month holiday is always going to be difficuly to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that she is a genuine tourist, they are required to satisfy themselves that applicants aren't intending to spend a disproportunate amount of time in the UK using frequent and extended visits.  

No I never got to see the letter of invitation or sign it they did that for me ! I was very naive letting them do that. 

Still i think i can explain the 3 months away and at the end of the day it wasn't an overstay and not like she stayed a full 6 months. 3 months isn't that long when you been together and just spent 8 months in Thailand with her. And they can see i am always going over Thailand yeah so that would help I guess. 

Just got get it worded right and fingers crossed, everything else in the application is tight and I suppose the trip HK and coming UK and going home counts for something still.

Thanks for the input guys I'll let you know what happens