Uncooperative ex wife

justaphase

Thanks for all the help guys. I have copies of all our line conversations and all the bank transfers at 20k a month for 2 years while she had the kids. Im named on the birth certificate and I will get the process moving asap. Another issue..won't she be in trouble for not doing our 8 year olds id yet? She hasn't even put the 6 year old on a tbb because she didn't pay the hospital after the birth and kept the money. He has nothing. Mess mess mess!

It money is no problem, perhaps by playing friendly with her, a cash offer, when she has completed all the paperwork. would  help. promise her a nice amount. when and done quickly, will make her move faster. 10 grand up front, and sweet talk. When completed shaft her, when you have completed the task and she has no legal rights left. but, make sure you have planned your move away and unknown to her. Time for you to play her, once you have the birth certificates make sure you apply for passports for your own country. to give them extra status. Although not having a problem, my daughter has both Thai and British passports. allowing should it ever happen the ease of leaving should that become an option.

• Like 2

Don't quote me on this because I don't have all the details but from what I was told by a lawyer. When a child reaches the age of 7 they have the power to voice that you are the parent and have joint custody. This tends to com into affect regarding wills/inheritance as well as custody. I was told to go to the local district office for that. Your child just has to agree to stay with you and confirm you are their father. Once that is in place you have the ball rolling, the mother may need to consent of that I can't be sure. Again I don't have full details it was part of a consultation from a reputable firm.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

from my experience... baby born in a hospital get automaticly paper and the mother has to put the name of ...... A FATHER......then back to home town there she is register she have 100% register the children.

she may not put your name at all..... if so you have not right to claim to be father ....

this happened to me i am not regsiter as the father of my daughter

This is very messy & will get more so down the track.

Face the fact that you have NO legal rights to anything or person at all.

DNA is a start if that is possible.

If your ex GF just disappears with the kids no one is even going to look for them without 

greasing some palms.

If you are determined to proceed you need a good lawyer & it is going to hurt the pocket for a long time.

An option to suggest to your lawyer is walk away for 4 years (do nothing) & see

the screaming start

Sorry guys we've all been sick for 2 days  with the flu. A point that that may have been lost is that the kids stay with me all the time. I have also heard that once a child is 7 he can just point in court and say "that's my dad". I'm on the birth certificate for the eldest child and I'm in Kanchanaburi now where my youngest (6) was born and a family friend here says it shouldn't be too hard to get a certificate if the mother has gone AWOL and the child can say (as before) that's my dad. Feeling more confident about this already ????

On 7/6/2019 at 1:58 PM, justaphase said:

Sorry guys we've all been sick for 2 days  with the flu. A point that that may have been lost is that the kids stay with me all the time. I have also heard that once a child is 7 he can just point in court and say "that's my dad". I'm on the birth certificate for the eldest child and I'm in Kanchanaburi now where my youngest (6) was born and a family friend here says it shouldn't be too hard to get a certificate if the mother has gone AWOL and the child can say (as before) that's my dad. Feeling more confident about this already ????

That's it, more or less it, there's a few little things as well. They tend to take the word of the child, its legally binding. If anything happens to the mother, you will have legal guardianship over your child from that point onwards.

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2019 at 9:10 PM, justaphase said:

By getting 100% custody would I be able to do anything without her permission?

Any ideas how long/tricky/expensive getting custody is?

lawyer lawyer lawyer .....legal questions 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 3:27 AM, justaphase said:

Aha I realise the confusion caused. Not my ex wife,,just ex gf. She want give consent to anything but anyone can see theyre my son's, and they'll say 'thats my dad, he does everything for us'. 

Again the point of the post is really t ok know if I can go to the place of birth and get certificates and then put them on a house book..

Wirh your sons being 8 & 6 you can legitimise your father status to them. Both children need to be over 7 to do this so you should visit a legal office in preparation for this and do both together, hoping that doing both together is a cost efficient option. Best of luck.

• Thanks 1