Love of country? Or a political stunt? Trump holiday speech divides Americans

webfact

4 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

that's a world wide phenomenon (in countries where you can speak your mind) 

There is some irony that the posts come from people that live under a dictatorship and aren't granted the right of free speech. 

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, expatfromwyoming said:

"Nobody is going to pour truth into your brain. It's something you have to find out for yourself." ~ Noam Chomsky

Or, in Trump's case, you can take a horse to Washington, but you can not make him think.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, meand said:

I wanna know a few things, 

1. dont they have to tell tax payers how much things cost?

2. he can just decide to take money from a park for political purposes? I thought congress had to appropriate funds. 

The National Mall and assorted monuments located there are under the purview of the National Park Service.

On 7/5/2019 at 8:15 AM, nkg said:

"Now ANTIFA are protesting Soros" - really?? What lunatic conspiracy theory are you referring to? Do you have any links to support your claims?

Your comments are like a parody of what a "right wing" commenter is supposed to believe.

This is your 4th comment on this site? Really? If I didn't know better, I would say that you already have an account on this website. Multiple accounts for the purposes of trolling are forbidden.

Your thumbs must be aching after such a long "tweet", put your thumb back in your mouth, lie down, and dream about the time you last felt happy!

15 hours ago, candide said:

Yes. And he has been particularly patriotic during the Vietnam war. ????

I didn't see you there? Not being born is no excuse! Unless you served there you really aren't, in truth, qualified to comment on another's failure to go!

• Confused 3

10 minutes ago, TPI said:

I didn't see you there? Not being born is no excuse! Unless you served there you really aren't, in truth, qualified to comment on another's failure to go!

Well apart from where there is evidence that an individual fraudulently avoided the draft and then winds up as commander in chief. 

And then from the office of the President impugns the character of men who served with honor.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1

I wouldn't knock anyone for avoiding a non defensive war, whether it be Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden or Donald Trump. I'd knock them for their resons for notshowing up though. Bernie Sanders as far as I know was the only " conscientious objector" to the war, which to me is certainly valid when discussing wars that are entered into arbitrarily.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, candide said:

Yes. And he has been particularly patriotic during the Vietnam war. ????

1 hour ago, TPI said:

To be honest, as I am as coward as Trump, I would probably have tried to avoid it. Maybe not fraudulently like Trump did.

Anyway my post was replying to a post claiming that Trump has always been very patriotic. His past behaviour proves that he indeed was not.

I agree with most of what you say, but if you happen to see any of the old Trump interviews from 20-30+ years ago, he has always been a very patriotic guy.  Having worked many armed POTUS and VPOTUS details along side the Secret Service, there is definitely a political mite to AF1...  On Soros, you are so spot on!

Patriotic? Well nobody in the modern history of Trump family has served in the military even his grandfather was accused of draft dodging In Austria. Donald had his chance, “bone spurs”. Greatest golfer in Presidential History is actually just another chickenhawk. Patriotic only as an image in
the media and for his base.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think the revelation of the Revolutionaries having an airfield during the war of independence is something that will change our understanding of how they defeated the British. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 10.45.18.png