Cambodian Visa

I am considering a trip to Cambodia for the sole purpose of getting my USA passport into the Thailand database. Currently, I am unable to use the online 90 day reporting as I have renewed my passport and have not subsequently left the country, ergo, no online reporting.  Do I need a visa to enter Cambodia for an hour or so just  to get my passport updated? 

Where are you considering entering? I know several of the borders have issues. At some it is hard to get through paying USD. I know at Hat Lek they usually want 1500 baht. I get an evisa usually to avoid the bother. There are several sites selling evisas. Make sure you go to the government site.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

Yes, you need visa (or whatever the proper nomenclature is). A 30 day Cambodian tourist visa is USD30. They will likely ask you for USD37 at the border crossing (as they did me at Hat Lek end of June). Put 30 dollars in your passport along with the doc you are required to complete before waiting for them to tell you how much. That will at least demonstrate that you know the ropes. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Where are you considering entering? I know several of the borders have issues. At some it is hard to get through paying USD. I know at Hat Lek they usually want 1500 baht. I get an evisa usually to avoid the bother. There are several sites selling evisas. Make sure you go to the government site.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I cannot use an E-visa where my land crossing is. No can do.