Actual AIS internet speed ? ( 4 mbps 30 day unlimited package)

Rolanddrums

Hi, I'm using AIS 4mbps ( apparently) 30 day unlimited package . The full code as many know is * 777*7159*099738#  but last time I got lazy and typed just *777*7159#.  SMS text says I have 4mbps for 30 day . ( 5 year old sim btw). I only question it because speed seems slow. Running a speed test I get from 0.5mbps - 2.1mbps.

My question is would putting the shortened *777*7159# be the reason for this? GFs i phone gets about 3 mbps but she DID use the complete *777*7159*099738# code. If not any reason why Im getting poor speed?

Thanks

The bit at the end is just an affiliate link. That way AIS know which distributor gets credited for you entering the code.

The wavebands that your phone can use could be the issue.

I should add, that for one reason or another, you are on my ignore list. So I won't be replying to you again.

I just didn't want anyone actually believing that an affiliate code had anything to do with the bandwidth you receive. 

As far as I know the " *099738" appendix is just identifying a shop/business and will earn them a small share.

Technically the *777*7159# is perfect.

I never used such appendices as advertised.

Speed test:

can you give details. What site/app used to test?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Hi Benn I tried AIS and FAST.COM another one to. Is any particular one more accurate. I did find Saturday evening very poor. Phone is Huawei Nova.. About 2 years old. Package only 3 days into the 30 day. I'm sure these make little difference but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This just means the cell in which you are is overloaded, nothing special.

If you run the test at another location or at another time the results will differ.

Sometimes switching your phone from 4G to 3G helps, because all current phones use 4G by default and hardly anybody is using 3G.

You should benchmark to a server in Thailand, if you benchmark to a server in other countries the results may vary without AIS having any influx on it.