Should my friend use the iPad?

sb5855

Hey guys! My friend had purchased an iPad Mini as a gift for somebody but the screen was too small so my friend decided to exchange it by paying extra cash to get iPad Air 3, however the store which he bought from said they have a policy of returning any product for only 3 days and that applies in 3 days change of mind that the product must be sealed and not opened at all. The store staff had opened the box to show my friend if the packaging is complete because he went to pick up in the store. After filing a complain with Consumer Protection Board, it's been somewhat around 2-3 months they haven't replied anything for the complaint against the store, neither the store has changed it's policies, neither my friend has been notified as to which law has the store breached because the hotline of Consumer Protection Board had clearly said that they have breached the returning policy.

My friend has no idea on what to do now. Should he just use the iPad or is there a way? If he uses the iPad, will the complaint be thrown away despite no response for so long?

2 minutes ago, damascase said:

Consumer Protection Board? In Thailand?

Yes it does exist - and they are actually quite good at resolving issues. I had a pair of faulty airpods from Huawei a few months back and Huawei refused to fix or refund them, one week after filling the complaint with CPB Huawei called me to give me my full money back in return for withdrawing the report. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think selling it in a dispute would work, though if I have complained about the product and have got no response, can I just start using it anyway? Like I'm looking to buy an iPad Mini but I don't want to because I have a packed one already, though it's in dispute. So by law, can I actually use it when its in dispute?