Fingerprint lifting in Bangkok

ChristianPFC

I'm looking for a service to lift fingerprints in Bangkok. Not my own fingerprints, fingerprints of a thief off an object he touched (single-use plastic toothbrush provided by hotel, should not have anyone else's fingerprints).

The theft happened in Cambodia, so I don't think Thai police or their forensic services would get involved. Neither Khmer police; hotel manager accompanied me to police station to translate. However with fingerprint and an incentive, Khmer police might be able to ID the thief. A Khmer friend would handle the matter for me.

There are many private investigator services and legal offices in Thailand, that may have the contacts or experience to do what you want, but is it worth it?

Really think you are grasping at straws, and will probably waste just more money trying to chase this.

Some basic questions;

How do you know there is a finger mark on the brush and it can be recovered?

What makes you think that the finger mark is going to be clear, complete and not just smudged?

How can you provide the police in Cambodia with proof it was a the scene of the crime?

Have the police photographed, documented and recorded the brush at the scene?

How have you recorded your suspected findings?

Have you kept the brush in a sealed bag, so you can prove in has not been touched anywhere else.

Seems the Cambodian police were not concerned at the time, what makes you think you can get them interested now. If you are relying.on a financial incentive, why did you not offer it at the time?

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

How do you know there is a finger mark on the brush and it can be recovered?

What makes you think that the finger mark is going to be clear, complete and not just smudged?

He used the toothbrush. I don't know if the fingerprint is clear.

My processing of the evidence would not hold up in the Western world in a court.

"How can you provide the police in Cambodia with proof it was a the scene of the crime?"

Surveillance camera at my hotel shows him with a face mask, can't recognize his face.

As far as I know, for ID cards in Cambodia, fingerprints are taken. If I can get a clear fingerprint off the toothbrush, and get the to the right government office in Cambodia, he will be found.

As for value for money, the guy is a serial thief, I know two other victims. The stolen object was a mobile phone, worth about 500 USD (when I buy the same model second hand). For me, it's a matter of principle, the thief will continue until someone catches him. I have the time and money to try to be the one.

On 5/17/2024 at 10:09 AM, ChristianPFC said:

fingerprints of a thief off an object he touched (single-use plastic toothbrush provided by hotel, should not have anyone else's fingerprints).

What about the fingerprints by the hotel staff which provided you with the toothbrush?

On 5/18/2024 at 10:14 AM, ChristianPFC said:

He used the toothbrush. I don't know if the fingerprint is clear.

My processing of the evidence would not hold up in the Western world in a court.

"How can you provide the police in Cambodia with proof it was a the scene of the crime?"

Surveillance camera at my hotel shows him with a face mask, can't recognize his face.

How do you know he used the toothbrush while you don't know his face?