Traveling to Europe with my Vape

I'm going to Germany soon for 1 week. Should I be worried about taking my vape on the plane? It's a small Smok Nord pod with internal battery. Several people have told me to just disassemble the unit and place each piece in different compartments of my carry on bag.

I'm looking for real travel stories and not what it's here. 

Thanks.

As a fellow vaper this is what i know from extensive travels with vape gear.

If its internal battery, they can see it on xray, you can take it on the plane everywhere but not in Thailand.

Because you are leaving, they may allow it to slide, but you would need to take it as a carry on luggage.

I only travel with mods where battery can be removed and have had no problems coming or leaving.

Once as i was leaving, they xrayed my bags and officer pointed out/asked if i had vape gear , i said yes,she was nice enough to tell me to remove the battery and put it into my carry on.

I do not know what would have happened, if i could not remove battery, may be other vapers know more about travelling with pods

No batteries are allowed in checked in luggage. 

I travel with a Justfog C14 with removable batteries. I have 3 batteries, never had a problem.

I am always a bit afraid, because vaping things are still illegal, and I heard stories of people receiving hefty fines. I keep the batteries together with my battery pack for my phone in my carry on luggage. Other parts I put in different places.

3 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

No batteries are allowed in checked in luggage. 

I travel with a Justfog C14 with removable batteries. I have 3 batteries, never had a problem.

I am always a bit afraid, because vaping things are still illegal, and I heard stories of people receiving hefty fines. I keep the batteries together with my battery pack for my phone in my carry on luggage. Other parts I put in different places.

Yes the pod system has a removable tip which also houses the liquid tank. I can pull it out and place it in my shoulder bag and then put the battery in my back pack. Both being carried on the plane. I plan to put 1 15ml bottle of e juice in a plastic bag with other liquids. 

I used the same pod as you have on my last holiday. When I entered into Thailand, I did put it in my trowser pocket, tip was in my check in luggage together with 100ml of liquid. 

Going home, again I disasebled it, put the tip into my check in luggage with the leftover liquid. Battery part went into carry on luggage. No problem, no question asked. I used fast track (flying business) both ways.

That said, a new one is around 26 euros on Amazon, I would just throw it away (or keep it in Thailand if you return) and get a new one in Germany. If you visit family or friends, just order one (or let them do it for you) and collect when you arrive. I use niccorette gums for travelling, so no need to use my vape in that time.

I left my mod in Thailand, didn't want to deal with any potential hassle leaving Swampy, so good to read a few first hand accounts here.  Thanks for posting.

Bought a Smok Nord in USA for holiday, brought it back to Thailand in my pocket.  Love these little pods, my first one, very cool.   

42 minutes ago, CHdiver said:

I used the same pod as you have on my last holiday. When I entered into Thailand, I did put it in my trowser pocket, tip was in my check in luggage together with 100ml of liquid. 

Going home, again I disasebled it, put the tip into my check in luggage with the leftover liquid. Battery part went into carry on luggage. No problem, no question asked. I used fast track (flying business) both ways.

That said, a new one is around 26 euros on Amazon, I would just throw it away (or keep it in Thailand if you return) and get a new one in Germany. If you visit family or friends, just order one (or let them do it for you) and collect when you arrive. I use niccorette gums for travelling, so no need to use my vape in that time.

I was thinking about the nicorrette gum too. I live in Thailand, almost 5 years now and vape equipment is easy to come by. I'm going on a tour 8n Germany, and not much time to search for vape shops, plus tbh I want to vape on the plane too. If taking small hits and holding it in, nothing comes out your mouth. 11 hour flight would be brutal with no nic.

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

I ended up bringing my main Vape device Smok Stick V9. 4,000mah battery and an 8.5 ml bubble tank. I separated the tank from the battery and put them in different areas of my carry on back pack. The tank I wrapped in tissue(leaks under plane pressure, as do all) then placed into a small zipper pouch. I put that into my bag of phone chargers and other cables. 

I put the battery in with all my power banks and flashlight. 

Suvarnabhumi airport security were only concerned my power bank was less than 32k mah. Didn't even look at the vape battery or the tank in the charger bag, even though the tank had about 6ml of liquid inside.

Getting to Doha, Qatar was even easier.  I was able to stealth vape in the bathrooms at all airports and easily on the plane too. Hold in a smaller hit and nothing comes out after about 10 seconds.

After landing in Munich never had any issues as vaping has almost no regulation in Germany.

Everything was the same on the return flights. Suvarnabhumi doesn't even have customs clearance after passport control, I could have walked out with anything. Granted, they will soon be X raying all checked bags, but they never even asked to look inside my carry on back pack. 

Archived