4g unlimited as home main internet connection

Balooo

Hi guys. Im looking for 4g unlimited plan to use as a main internet connection at home.
At moment I found:
Ais Net marathon 4Mbit 1400 baht 6 months
dtac Go No Limit 4Mbps 650 baht monthly
data Go No Limit : Unlimited net 10Mbps 300 baht weekly

What you think about these plans? Is someone using them? have you some tips about this topic?

Links:
  • Haha 1

Unless you really cannot get broadband line, I would not recommend 4g as the speed fluctuates according to user volume. Also 10Mbps is slow for today standard. Loading heavy we pages and streaming video/TV might not be smooth especially high def videos.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, shady86 said:

Unless you really cannot get broadband line, I would not recommend 4g as the speed fluctuates according to user volume. Also 10Mbps is slow for today standard. Loading heavy we pages and streaming video/TV might not be smooth especially high def videos.

10 Mbps(1.25 MB/s) is more than good enough for 'heavy web pages'. Even for streaming.

Of course the stability of the connection is important and it's not really a suitable substitute for a terrestrial connection. 

Though it's generally not as bad as you suggest and certainly a whole lot better than nothing.

SIM Marathon has a data limit these days and DTAC's 10 Mbps speed is subject to location.

There is a lot on info on the best packages on offer at the moment, so no need to repeat them again here.

Balooo should simply just check the recent threads.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JamJar said:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/turbo-4g-maxspeed-1-i376988317-s733902677.html 1190 baht

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-true-4g-4mbps-1-i276399679-s441313689.html 1990 baht

30 GB per month at full speed(dependent on location) for a year or unlimited 4 Mbps for a year.

I doubt it's unlimited.  AIS 4Mb/s 30 day plan is limited to 20GB.  It may be in the small print or if you use too much they may have it set to slow you down or something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapd said:

I doubt it's unlimited.  AIS 4Mb/s 30 day plan is limited to 20GB.  It may be in the small print or if you use too much they may have it set to slow you down or something.

Why do you re-post this rubbish time and time again?

It doesn't seem to matter how many times you are told. You have no evidence to the contrary, but yet you just post it anyway.

Why not seek out the evidence and post it here if you find it, instead of just posting baseless nonsense.

Why do you re-post this rubbish time and time again? It doesn't seem to matter how many times you are told. You have no evidence to the contrary, but yet you just post it anyway. Why not seek out the evidence and post it here if you find it, instead of just posting baseless nonsense. 

I just checked. The package is limited to 20GB and thereafter is still useable but at a much reduced speed of 128kbps. So he's not talking rubbish. It's easy enough to check for yourself. Google is your friend. 

https://m.ais.co.th/package-ontop/?appName=worker&lang=en

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you can get 3BB fiber then it's much faster, stable and cheaper. With that said I also use the dtac at 650 on my phone and it's very good if you get 4G+ in you area. When I was in Bangkok, I would use 60-100G per month and never noticed any slowdown. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

I live in a rural location where the only ADSL available is from TOT. I used it for a couple years but it was slow and unreliable. It would go down every time it rained. I now use AIS 4G for my main connection and it is 1,000 times better. I get 6MB and it never goes down. My package is unlimited and costs 1,099/month. Note that if you download torrent files, AIS appears to be the only provider that does not limit download speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

19 hours ago, shady86 said:

I absolutely agree with you but I'm planning to move (change home) many times so I prefer the mobile connection.

May be I will use per device connection so 4Mbps could be enough also for HD streaming, not full hd or 4k.

If 4Mbit will not be enough I will take also a 10mbit sim as main sim, a lot more expensive compare to Net Marathon, but at this moment I can't find other solutions.

14 hours ago, JamJar said:

SIM Marathon has a data limit these days and DTAC's 10 Mbps speed is subject to location.

There is a lot on info on the best packages on offer at the moment, so no need to repeat them again here.

Balooo should simply just check the recent threads.

On ais website I can't find limits about Net Marathon, do you mean is capped over an amount of gb without advise?

I tried to search on forum about this topic but may be I used the wrong keywords, so I open one, If you would suggest me any good and updated post about this topic I will be grateful.

I live approx 10 km from KhunHan, so really 'in the middle of nowhere'.
I am using for almost 2 year now a dtac 4Mb unlimited data plan, which costs me 530 THB per month.  It's probably the same as the 650 THB plan the OP mentioned, but the monthly price has not been raised (yet) for me.

Even in this neck of the woods I have very good connection and in the 2 years I use it has never been down.

The download speed is not super-fast but OK, and for majority of sites it's no problem to watch streaming vids even in HD without interruption.

Note: I use my mobile with the dtac 4 Mb connection as wifi-hub for my laptop and that works perfectly.

3 hours ago, Tayaout said:

If you can get 3BB fiber then it's much faster, stable and cheaper. With that said I also use the dtac at 650 on my phone and it's very good if you get 4G+ in you area. When I was in Bangkok, I would use 60-100G per month and never noticed any slowdown. 

Have used 3BB fibre optic connection for 1200 bt per month for 6 yrs now-top quality for business use-however you have to insist & watch the engineers when installing that it is fibre optic cable as they try & cheap skate where possible with copper cable.

1 hour ago, Lone Ranger said:

Have used 3BB fibre optic connection for 1200 bt per month for 6 yrs now-top quality for business use-however you have to insist & watch the engineers when installing that it is fibre optic cable as they try & cheap skate where possible with copper cable.

u can get 200-200 for 700b right now

i have the 200 and its uncapped both ways, get 800/950 internationally 

You need to know how much data you'll need per month. How many hours/day are we talking about?

So called 12 months NonStop subscriptions are available at all off the Big 3 = dtac, AIS and True. Where are you staying? In a big city or out in the sticks?

You don't want a slow connection, like 4mbit/s. The max speed is up to 100mbit/s and is not expensive. 

I would go to 7/11 and buy a SIM starter package from dtac or ais and use it one month to get an idea how much data you will use. I would say that dtac's Net NonStop subscriptions are cheapest with 100mbit/s. There are several different pre-paid monthly subscriptions depending on max data/month,from 1GB up to 10GB. 10GB Net NonStop cost 499 baht/month + 7% tax. You can also get subscriptions incl. 100-150min free phone calls. So many packages to choose from,but don't go for a slow connection.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You need to know how much data you'll need per month. How many hours/day are we talking about?

So called 12 months NonStop subscriptions are available at all off the Big 3 = dtac, AIS and True. Where are you staying? In a big city or out in the sticks?

You don't want a slow connection, like 4mbit/s. The max speed is up to 100mbit/s and is not expensive. 

I would go to 7/11 and buy a SIM starter package from dtac or ais and use it one month to get an idea how much data you will use. I would say that dtac's Net NonStop subscriptions are cheapest with 100mbit/s. There are several different pre-paid monthly subscriptions depending on max data/month,from 1GB up to 10GB. 10GB Net NonStop cost 499 baht/month + 7% tax. You can also get subscriptions incl. 100-150min free phone calls. So many packages to choose from,but don't go for a slow connection.

Thank you for your point of view. 

I don't like to have max amount of GB, anyway I already done some test and for my normal use I think nothing less of 50 GB per month could be appropriate.

I will stay in big cities.

8 hours ago, JamJar said:

Why do you re-post this rubbish time and time again?

It doesn't seem to matter how many times you are told. You have no evidence to the contrary, but yet you just post it anyway.

Why not seek out the evidence and post it here if you find it, instead of just posting baseless nonsense.

This plan sounds similar to my wife's. She says it's slower than when she was with dtac. Speed inconsistent. Central Bangkok.

I've always hated ais since Taksin owned it. I told her not to switch. It was the 7+pro package. She saved a pittance from buying it outright. Thais so lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trd said:

I just checked. The package is limited to 20GB and thereafter is still useable but at a much reduced speed of 128kbps. So he's not talking rubbish. It's easy enough to check for yourself. Google is your friend. 

https://m.ais.co.th/package-ontop/?appName=worker&lang=en

Is there something wrong with you??

My post concerns Truemove H SIMs. How did you manage to morph it into being about an AIS package?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

This plan sounds similar to my wife's. She says it's slower than when she was with dtac. Speed inconsistent. Central Bangkok.

I've always hated ais since Taksin owned it. I told her not to switch. It was the 7+pro package. She saved a pittance from buying it outright. Thais so lol.

lapd has simply misled all that replied to his post. Of course the people commenting on his post bear some responsibility for not bothering to take note of what they have read.

Once again, my post #4 concerns Truemove H SIMs. lapd replied by posting a totally unrelated AIS package.

Hopefully now all is clear.

2 hours ago, Balooo said:

Thank you for your point of view. 

I don't like to have max amount of GB, anyway I already done some test and for my normal use I think nothing less of 50 GB per month could be appropriate.

I will stay in big cities.

Up to 100 Mbps means nothing. What matters is what you get at your particular location.

https://th.linemobile.com/en/packages DTAC/LINE mobile offers 40 GB for 329 baht per month.

In addition to the Truemove H SIM in post#4, you can look here;

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1114231-how-much-you-pay-for-mobile-internet/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-14526736

I absolutely agree with you but I'm planning to move (change home) many times so I prefer the mobile connection.
May be I will use per device connection so 4Mbps could be enough also for HD streaming, not full hd or 4k.
If 4Mbit will not be enough I will take also a 10mbit sim as main sim, a lot more expensive compare to Net Marathon, but at this moment I can't find other solutions.
You can actually ask the provider to move the broadband connection to your new place provided there is service in the new place. Ive used a 4Mbps service before and its too slow for me. Also, if you are sharing with someone else or using more than 1 device, things will get really slow. Nothing beats a stable fixed line broadband in terms of stability. I can get close to 100Mbps at home but in a jam packed train, only 3Mbps with 4G.

6 hours ago, Balooo said:

On ais website I can't find limits about Net Marathon, do you mean is capped over an amount of gb without advise?

I tried to search on forum about this topic but may be I used the wrong keywords, so I open one, If you would suggest me any good and updated post about this topic I will be grateful.

Try clicking on the Buy now icon on the page that you posted for Net Marathon.