Student Visa Granted!

I have just had a call fr0m my girlfriend who has been granted a student visa valid until November, she is studying a full time english course and then will be studying a post graduate course if she meets the required english score on the ielts exam.

I would like to thank everyone on this website for their help and guidance with a particular massive thank you to Scouse!

Scouse your help has proved vital to our success and I can not thank you enough for the time you have spend helping my and Booppharat.

She told me that in the interview they barely spoke about the course and the ECO was more interested in our relationship and questioned her about us and our future plans for our relationship.

With good preparation and help from this website, any visa is possible!!!

Thanks again

Gino and Booppharat

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Gino 12

I have been scouring these pages for advice and info about student visa for my gf. Posted my own question and got some good advice.

Just wanted to know a couple of things (if you are still reading this)

1. Are you based in the UK? Is she coming to see you?

2. Did you act as her sponsor?

3. What evidence did she show for her reason to return to the UK? This part has me worried.

Thanks in advance for any reply

Hey Gino 12

I have been scouring these pages for advice and info about student visa for my gf. Posted my own question and got some good advice.

Just wanted to know a couple of things (if you are still reading this)

1. Are you based in the UK? Is she coming to see you?

2. Did you act as her sponsor?

3. What evidence did she show for her reason to return to the UK? This part has me worried.

Thanks in advance for any reply

Sam,

I am not sure if Gino still reads this forum, so i'll answer on his behalf (he did meet nong Eid whilst he was best man at my wedding so i feel suitably qualified !!)

Gino is based in UK and he did act as the sponsor. Eid is staying with Gino for the duration of her studies. They were successful in the application i beleive as they put a heck of a lot of work into the application and really covered every possible option. I think the most important thing they had was Eid already had a conditional offer for the Masters degree at Salford Uni. If your GF is just applying to study an English course then the embassy may well feel your GF can study in Thailand and you are just using it as an excuse to be together. With her application Eid also attached the full transcripts of her undergraduate degree which showed an interest in the course she is planning to study at Masters level.

When you say reason to return to the UK then i assume you mean reason to return to Thailand. By their own admission this was the only possible weak point of Gino and Eid's application. However, they stated in the app letter why Eid wanted to study the course (ie career prospects etc etc) and further to this attached some job adverts from Thai periodicals showing jobs wanting MA's and fluent English language skills.

If i see Gino over the weekend i will tell him to have a look on her and see if he can help you.

Good luck.

Simon

• 5 months later...

Exactly what I was looking for thx.

Probably wont help though. Visa decisions seem to be quite arbitrary, looking for any excuse to deny an application, so long as it is roughly within the guidelines and based on the "balance of probabilities" (ie. I am the ECO, so up to me)

Thx for the link though