It Jobs In Thailand

OK guys,

I am making a great deal of backup plans if I fail to get a vistors visa for my GF to the U.K. I have worked in a few countries now (Canada and N.Z.) I have conversational Thai (not reading or writing, but learning) what is the process of getting work in Thailand. I have a U.K. degree in software Engineering and over 8 years experience in this field.

In N.Z. I just went for a holiday, found an employer and got a work visa whilst still being in the country (Unofficially of course). Can you do this in Thailand ? or are they a little more stringent ?

Just want a heads up on this at the moment....

thanks

Mocksy

OK guys,

I am making a great deal of backup plans if I fail to get a vistors visa for my GF to the U.K. I have worked in a few countries now (Canada and N.Z.) I have conversational Thai (not reading or writing, but learning) what is the process of getting work in Thailand. I have a U.K. degree in software Engineering and over 8 years experience in this field.

In N.Z. I just went for a holiday, found an employer and got a work visa whilst still being in the country (Unofficially of course). Can you do this in Thailand ? or are they a little more stringent ?

Just want a heads up on this at the moment....

thanks

Mocksy

Chill out Mocksy,

I am sorry if i scared the shit out of you at an earlier posting ref embassy,

Its not the be all and end all if your GF fails to secure a visa as you have a right of appeal,so making drastic plans in the event the application fails so rationally will just add to your worries.

Let it go and we will all am sure keep our fingers crossed for you.

From what i can gather IT positions are very hard to come by these days for Farangs, I have a friend that is a specailist in this field with many years under his belt and after arriving here contacting various corporate companys and non corporate companys to no avail he has now resorted to Teaching english,

This is not the way to go in the event that your GF visa application is denied.

You seem to have a very strong relationship with your GF so this should not be a rational deciding factor,

Believe me it will all work out eventually.

Thanks Whattodo,

Just thought i'd ask.... I have done the working abroad thing before (3 years, Canada and 2 in N.Z.) so no stranger there. but you're probably right, I haven't even applied yet, we may get lucky.

As a great deal of people on this board, I do have a really good connection with my GF. I'm sure people reading this will agree that Thai people and their culture is as exciting to us as the thought of travelling to the U.K. or even any other destination is to Thai's

I really want the chance to explore what can happen if me and Sudawan are together for a while hence the other posts regarding tourist visa's etc...

Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed and I hope that everyone that has genuine intentions on this board all come true for them too.

Take care and I'll keep ya posted. :o