Johnson and Corbyn hit the campaign trail for UK Christmas election

webfact

19 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It's true. Anyway back to hypocrites...

19 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It's true. Anyway back to hypocrites...

Thankyou. Now, who the hell is Saul Staniforth?

Edited by nauseus

BREAKING - Farage live saying Johnson must drop the deal because it's not Brexit or else he will not stand candidates down in ANY SEATS  and that it is a SELL OUT  - he has to agree in the next 2 weeks ! Lordy Lordy there is a God ! Only accepts a No Deal WTO Brexit.

• Farage says Brexit party will contest every seat in Britain if Tories do not agree to pact
  • Farage says the only way to solve this is to create a leave alliance.
  • That does not just mean Tories and the Brexit party, he says. He says there are other leavers who might join.
  • He says, if that were to happen, they could become, as President Trump said yesterday, “an unstoppable force”.
  • If that does not happen, the Brexit party will be the only party standing up for Brexit.
  • He says it will make sure that every house in the land gets information about how the deal is a sell-out.
  • And he says the party will contest every seat in Britain.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Thanks 1

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/nov/01/general-election-news-latest-brexit-farage-restates-call-for-brexit-party-pact-with-tories-live-news

Farage says Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief Brexit negotiator, has been a much more brilliant negotiator than anyone on the UK side.

The EU is heading for regulatory alignment, he says.

And he says he is glad President Trump made it clear last night that the Johnson plan would obstruct a UK-US trade deal.

The Johnson plan would give the UK all of the disadvantages of EU membership, but none of the advantages of being out.

He says if the UK adopted that plan, it would trigger a campaign to rejoin the EU. And he says that campaign would succeed.

Farage claims Johnson’s Brexit deal so bad that it would lead to the UK deciding to rejoin the EU.

19 minutes ago, JAG said:

It may have escaped your notice but this is a discussion forum, and the general idea is to discuss, comment on and even entertain ourselves with ideas which spring from the topics on it (the forum).  I am sure that there are other means on the internet on which you can appear like some modern day Moses`descending from Mount Sinai, clutching your tablets of stone, laying down the law and brooking no discussion!

Now that I can see you doing!

You will excuse me if I take no notice?

It may have escaped your notice that a founding principle of discussion is the idea that what people offer into the discussion is founded in truth or fact and, you'll just love this, is open to challenge by others. 

Oh... and you took notice. 

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It may have escaped your notice that a founding principle of discussion is the idea that what people offer into the discussion is founded in truth or fact and, you'll just love this, is open to challenge by others. 

Oh... and you took notice. 

You didn't offer a challenge, rather you demanded that I did something!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brexiteers going mad on the Telegraph comments section - 90% BP fanatics praising St Nigel for keeping the true Brexit flame burning...

top voted comment

Of course the Tories will not do a deal with the BP. The two parties do not share the same views on Brexit. The Tories believe in Boris's 'oven-ready' vassalage deal; whereas the Brexit Party believes in Brexit.A clean-break leave, without future EU control, is not what Boris wants.

Vote Brexit Party.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/01/brexit-general-election-news-latest-boris-johnson-corbyn-trump/

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes I did. 

And it is in itself a challenge.

Where is your evidence of the fraud you allege?

Elections are serious business, you are implying you have knowledge of electoral fraud - put up! 

http://www.democraticaudit.com/2019/06/28/postal-votes-and-allegations-of-electoral-fraud-in-peterboroughs-by-election/

One may also care to consider the removal from office of Lutfur Ruhman, the elected Mayor of Tower Hamlets, for amongst other things, personation and fraudulent practices with regard to postal ballots.

These may or may not be regarded as evidence, I suppose that will depend on one's point of view, but they are certainly relevant enough to be taken into account in a discussion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JAG said:

http://www.democraticaudit.com/2019/06/28/postal-votes-and-allegations-of-electoral-fraud-in-peterboroughs-by-election/

One may also care to consider the removal from office of Lutfur Ruhman, the elected Mayor of Tower Hamlets, for amongst other things, personation and fraudulent practices with regard to postal ballots.

These may or may not be regarded as evidence, I suppose that will depend on one's point of view, but they are certainly relevant enough to be taken into account in a discussion?

Similar action was reported re Peterborough.

9 minutes ago, JAG said:

The first, at least, should most certainly NOT be taken as evidence- from your link:

The allegations of irregularities in Peterborough centre around the potential misuse of postal votes although the initial police inquiry found that no offences were revealed with the allegations relating to postal votes. 

But it is interesting and thought provoking all the same.  Thanks for posting it.  This bit is more worrying to me:

However, rather than illegal practices such as vote rigging, many people we spoke to were more concerned about the legal means through which these biraderi connections can still influence local politics.

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/nov/01/general-election-news-latest-brexit-farage-restates-call-for-brexit-party-pact-with-tories-live-news

Farage says Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief Brexit negotiator, has been a much more brilliant negotiator than anyone on the UK side.

The EU is heading for regulatory alignment, he says.

And he says he is glad President Trump made it clear last night that the Johnson plan would obstruct a UK-US trade deal.

The Johnson plan would give the UK all of the disadvantages of EU membership, but none of the advantages of being out.

He says if the UK adopted that plan, it would trigger a campaign to rejoin the EU. And he says that campaign would succeed.

Farage claims Johnson’s Brexit deal so bad that it would lead to the UK deciding to rejoin the EU.

I listened to the Farage / Trump interview last night. I can't help thinking Farage probably asked his buddy Trump to say the Boris deal would obstruct a UK/US trade deal. I don't think Trump has had the time or inclination to go through all the legal ramifications of the Boris WA. Of course the government deny it would obstruct trade deals. 

I'd love to find out exactly why the WA would obstruct a UK/US trade deal. LBC's political guru tried to explain it today, using chlorinated chicken as an example. He said the UK would have to sign up to EU food standards legislation in order to get a trade deal with the EU. This would prevent a UK company from importing chlorinated chicken from the US, and then selling it in the form of chicken wraps to an EU company. 

Does this mean that all those other countries (Canada, Japan etc.) who have signed FTAs with the EU are bound by EU food standards? I very much doubt it. 

I hope throughout the coming weeks we'll get to the truth about the WAB, rather than hearing all these contradictory soundbites from both sides. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I listened to the Farage / Trump interview last night. I can't help thinking Farage probably asked his buddy Trump to say the Boris deal would obstruct a UK/US trade deal. I don't think Trump has had the time or inclination to go through all the legal ramifications of the Boris WA. Of course the government deny it would obstruct trade deals. 

I'd love to find out exactly why the WA would obstruct a UK/US trade deal. LBC's political guru tried to explain it today, using chlorinated chicken as an example. He said the UK would have to sign up to EU food standards legislation in order to get a trade deal with the EU. This would prevent a UK company from importing chlorinated chicken from the US, and then selling it in the form of chicken wraps to an EU company. 

Does this mean that all those other countries (Canada, Japan etc.) who have signed FTAs with the EU are bound by EU food standards? I very much doubt it. 

I hope throughout the coming weeks we'll get to the truth about the WAB, rather than hearing all these contradictory soundbites from both sides. 

I'm afraid there will be very little truth in the next few weeks and a lot of hot air. So far now we have spent £6.3 billion on pre-Brexit planning. One thing we can be sure of though is Johnson doesn't want folk to look too far under the bonnet of his re-heated May 'Surrender Treaty' (c. N.Farage) and we have 4 'Brexit' options on the table. 

1. Conservatives - Johnsons WA. 

2. Labour - re-negotiated WA and then ref Remain vs 'new' WA.

3. Lib-Dem -  remain.

4. Brexit Party - no deal Brexit - leave on WTO terms. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The reason why the WA presents an impediment to a UK/US trade deal is that is contains weasel words about regulatory alignment/divergence which lets people with differing views to interpret them  as they see fit  and support the agreement.

Roughly it says we will follow  EU standards, but have the ability to diverge from these if we see fit and it cause no problems. The problem is we need to diverge a lot from those standards if we are to accept US food standards, which the US will want us to do as part of any free trade deal. 

If we did accept the US Standards it would firstly create a hard border between the UK mainland  and NI where EU standards will be perpetuated under the deal. Secondly it would make it hard and expensive for UK food producers to  export to the EU. Note it would not be imposable, just harder.

Secondly currently we are part of the single market, which ensures our food can be exported to the rest of the EU  without further check. Under the deal's regulatory alignment provisions this would mostly continue. However if if we diverge then the producer would have to provide certification that the food was produced to EU standards at every stage in it's production, This is both difficult and expensive,

Those two problem mean that although the WA says we can diverge from EU standards, we are unlikely ever to do so.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/1/2019 at 8:37 PM, evadgib said:

How about your own claims re rabble rousing prowess & hundreds of voters?

Haven't you previously stated you're neither British or on the Electoral roll?

To be a good liar you need a good memory...

I've never stated my nationality nor have I ever stated whether or not I am on any particular electoral register. 

Moreover, I, and others, have frequently reminded you that my nationality is not the subject of discussion. 

Let me know if you are having trouble understanding that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I've never stated my nationality nor have I ever stated whether or not I am on any particular electoral register. 

Moreover, I, and others, have frequently reminded you that my nationality is not the subject of discussion. 

And if it continues, please let me know.  It is trolling and continued trolling can and will result in a suspension.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I was merely highlighting the inconsistencies in your own posting history which has once again been twisted into something a little more sinister & enabled you to play victim. If that's the way this website is going you're welcome to it.

On 11/1/2019 at 2:55 PM, CG1 Blue said:

More detailed analysis than I can give  of the problems of the US trade deal after boris's deal here .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tebee said:

More detailed analysis than I can give  of the problems of the US trade deal after boris's deal here .

An interesting read. Also the counter argument from Sam Low. 

In a nutshell it seems that having an FTA with both the EU and the US might be problematic, irrespective of of the contents of the WA. Although as Sam Low points out, Canada and Mexico managed to do it. 

• Like 1