Chiang Mai "officially" cold say netizens - but afternoons still warm!

rooster59

Chiang Mai "officially" cold say netizens - but afternoons still warm!

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU4Ny83OTM5ODAyL2NtLWNvbGQwMi5qcGc=.jpg

Caption: Chiang Mai is now cold

Sanook reported that netizens in Chiang Mai and Lamphun were busy sharing screenshots on their phones announcing the start of the cold season. 

The temperature was 18C early yesterday morning. 

However, it appears that the early bird gets the cold - by 10 am Sanook said it was 24C. 

And AccuWeather was saying that by afternoon it would be 33C.

The northern met office predicted a temperature range of 18 - 32 C for today and 19 - 33 on Sunday.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-02

a wonderful product by Toray is called 'heat tech' and sold at Uniqlo.  it's as marvelous for the cold as the 'airism' shirts are for the rest of the year.... unless you are working in the sun of course.  I love these new shirt technology products almost as much as shrink-to-fit 501's.  no need for black turtlenecks.... or those awful cargo shorts that most of the farlang wear, almost as a uniform, probably even to Doi Inthanon!

54 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

One October, I visited relatives in Prince George, British Columbia. It was a great 60 degrees Fahrenheit 'Indian Summer' day. I ran around the lake, saw wolves, coyotes, and eagles, then enjoyed a nice family dinner. The next morning, I was greeted by a foot of snow, howling winds, and minus 40 Fahrenheit.

I jumped on the next plane out of Dodge.

Chiang Mai is cold? LOL

Around that part of the word can see fast changes. In Alberta I've seen almost a foot of snow on the ground when you go to bed and then the Chinook warm wind arrives and next morning the snow has gone completely. Very soon after you're back to foot or more of snow.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1