Adam's Apple Chiang Mai

cm-happy

Anyone know if Apple is permanently closed, any plans to reopen or have also heard rumors that the owner want to sell.

Drove to Garden Bar few days ago, and tried to park behind Lotus hotel. Gates were closed, as was Apple but bar had a few customers. Seems like only places to go are at the Night Bazaar.

Closed since around July 2006.

Rumours are it's already been sold to a Farang from Pattaya. Sign on the door says "opening soon" - last I heard April/May but I suspect that will never happen unless the issues relating to the original closure are resolved.............

Night Bazzar still lively but there are other places to go, I updated the pinned list at the top of Forum with current information if you wanna know more.

• 3 weeks later...

Adams Apple Club Is Under Renovation

The Club has been sold and is under a complete renovation

It is scheduled to be open in early 2008

The Plans are to expand the club to be bigger and better.

GO TO: adamsappleclub (dot) com for more info and register for their newsletter

Edited by PeaceBlondie
emails not permitted in posts, correct typos, downsize ad

Latest gossip (?) I heard is that it was sold including the building for 7 million baht and that the new owner ( a farang from Pattaya) plans to renovate the whole for another 3 million baht. I wonder if there is a market for another gay gogo bar. Adams has been very popular but it has been also on and off closed and open for various reasons for a long time and people have found alternatives to go to. To get it back on the market won't be an easy task! Goodwill can't be bought really . . .

Shan

Edited by Shan

• 3 weeks later...

I love the ad for Adams Apple, what a laugh; that's pure fanatasy, even when the club was at its best..... boy scouts and all :D

Had heard similar gossip about the sale, and also that the Pattaya Farang had been trying to pull out. Guess he realised he'd being fleeced.

10 million Baht investment in that part of Chiang Mai :o , you've gotta be crazy! I doubt any of the competition spent more than a couple of hundred thou at most on refurbishment, and I doubt they make big profits to justify anything higher. The building is a has been wreck and a fire trap (where but Thailand could you have an entertainment venue on the third floor of a building with only a narrow spiral staircase for access?), and its not exactly the nicest part of Chiang Mai either. If you got 10 million Baht spare to invest in real estate you'd be better putting it towards building a small apartment block to rent to students rather than some super club.

And the place has been shut for ten months already now, as Shan says, the loss of good will makes it a very poor proposition, I can't see it happening. And unless this Pattaya Farang is exceedingly well connected with those who matter in Chiang Mai, I don't see how he'll overcome other obstacles related to the original closure, or where he'll find staff willing to work there (Pattaya boys won't come up here for the meagre pickings to be had in Chiang Mai!). I don't envy him one bit, perhaps his first investment should be some body guards and a bullet proof vest!

I'm going to close this for now, since even the apparent owner admits it'll be another year before the place reopens, which is between forever and never. Besides, we needn't speculate on this type of venture. As for its good-will value as such a venture, I always found it to be a great show, with lousy after-show performers.