90 Day Report and TM 30

I did a 90 Day Report in Jomtien today.  I haven’t done a report since last February due to leaving and reentering Thailand 3 times during that period.  I gave the IO a paper annotated with the dates of each departure and reentry, but she handed it back and said all that info is in the computer.  After checking the dates on the computer screen, she opened the TM 30 stapled in my passport and compared it to my last reentry date.  I’ve never seen that done before at a 90 Day check-in.

My Thai gf owns the condo.  After returning to Thailand in Sep, I took a letter signed by her stating that I live in the condo, a copy of her ID card, a copy of the condo blue book, and a completed TM30 to Jomtien Immigration.  Although I was one week late with the submission, the TM30 and supporting documentation were accepted and the bottom portion of the TM30 was stapled in the back of my passport.  I did not submit a TM30 for the previous other two entries to the Kingdom in 2019.  Nothing was said about that.

I just reported for my most recent 90 reporting, yesterday and as we are going to visit my wife's  family in Korat province my step daughter asked about this TM30 situation.

She was told no need for me to do this just go to the province as planned. There was no need for the form. Now that to me stinks because some place seem to be implementing it others don't seem to care or bother. The whole thing is an utter shambles if you ask me, so will see what happens when we get to my in-laws. It makes you wonder does the right hand know what the left hand is doing? Shocking to say the least.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fadgie3 said:

I just reported for my most recent 90 reporting, yesterday and as we are going to visit my wife's  family in Korat province my step daughter asked about this TM30 situation.

She was told no need for me to do this just go to the province as planned. There was no need for the form. Now that to me stinks because some place seem to be implementing it others don't seem to care or bother. The whole thing is an utter shambles if you ask me, so will see what happens when we get to my in-laws. It makes you wonder does the right hand know what the left hand is doing? Shocking to say the least.

Been living here for 6 years on non immigrant type O, in and out of the country several times, always on time with my 90 day reports but have never been asked for a TM30.

had to get a residency cert last week, lady asked me for the TM30, I explained to her I had not stayed anywhere else since I last gave her a TM30 2 months ago (residency cert), I see this had her confused and she had to ask a superior..... she returned and gave me the cert !!

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

had to get a residency cert last week, lady asked me for the TM30, I explained to her I had not stayed anywhere else since I last gave her a TM30 2 months ago (residency cert), I see this had her confused and she had to ask a superior..... she returned and gave me the cert !!

Nevertheless you should have the receipt from the previews reporting.  Did she keep it when the previous residency cert was applied for? Heads up, copy the damned thing!

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Nevertheless you should have the receipt from the previews reporting.  Did she keep it when the previous residency cert was applied for? Heads up, copy the damned thing!

I did it online, no receipt.

Last time I printed a screen grab.

Have not stayed anywhere else other than my house hence I did not bother with submitting a new TM30.

Heads up, they were ok with me not having one.

18 hours ago, kimchibob said:

My Thai gf owns the condo.  After returning to Thailand in Sep, I took a letter signed by her stating that I live in the condo, a copy of her ID card, a copy of the condo blue book, and a completed TM30 to Jomtien Immigration.  Although I was one week late with the submission, the TM30 and supporting documentation were accepted and the bottom portion of the TM30 was stapled in the back of my passport.  I did not submit a TM30 for the previous other two entries to the Kingdom in 2019.  Nothing was said about that.

when i go sign in at Jomtien ....HAVE NEVER BEEN ASKED FOR TM30

On 12/1/2019 at 9:26 AM, essox essox said:

when i go sign in at Jomtien ....HAVE NEVER BEEN ASKED FOR TM30

I’m sure that’s true, but, in my case, Jomtien asked for an updated TM30 when I renewed my retirement extension in Apr 2019, again when I applied for a Residency Certificate in Sep 2019, and then again when I did my 90-day Report last week.  A friend of mine was asked for a TM30 when he did his 90-day Report last Friday.  He did not have one, so his landlady was charged a ฿2000 fine. (They tried to make him pay it, but he refused.) In addition, Jomtien Immigration later contacted his landlady and fined her for all tenants living in her building because none had submitted a TM30. She claimed she had no knowledge of the requirement.  They did assist her In setting up an on-line TM30 Reporting Account so that would not happen again though.