Visa Validity period Question

Currently in Thailand on Non O/with mult extensions for retirement, with a 'week 2' Feb 2020 expiration and no funds yet deposited for

extension of stay.  'had a optical related health issue, went to US and now all well.

Also, do not wish to wasted the $'s on insurance as I am 100% covered outside of TH.  

First question:  Is there any extension I can purchase for a 1 month or other intermediate period other that a week? 

I Am considering applying for a Non Im O visa to visit with Thai spouse, thru the Washington DC consulate upon return to USA.

(assuming Q#1  is unacceptable)?  I have studied the Thai consulate, DC, website and they seem to mix details for single entry and multi entry together.  

Second Question:  "Validity"-- does this mean I have a full year to arrive in TH from day from 'stamp of approval' ?  (website indicated its 90 days but this may be for the single entry). questions will be appreciated.

Advice on the above questions will be appreciated.

Thanks, MVB

If you could of put the money in the bank today you could of applied for an extension on the 2nd of February.

You do not need to worry about insurance since you have been extending an entry from a non-o visa.

If married to a Thai you could apply for an extension based upon marriage and would only need 400k baht in the bank or proof of 40k baht income.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife when your extension ends.

No need to get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in the states. You can get one in Savannakhet, Laos or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam with no financial proof. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a one year from the date of issue.

Thanks UBJoe,  This is a lot to consider.  Before I thought the USA NonO was for 1 yr, their site says little or nothing about 90 day exits/re-entries.  Do they require exit at 90 days or allow them? 

I could have the  funds within a week ( 2 xfers from US ), but I had planned to slip my stay until date to mid March.  I guess I could preposition the cash, get a 60 day extension, and then apply here for the ext Non O married to Thai.  Am I missing something?

Also, how much new documentation is needed for 60 day ext?

24 minutes ago, MiclB said:

I could have the  funds within a week ( 2 xfers from US ), but I had planned to slip my stay until date to mid March.  I guess I could preposition the cash, get a 60 day extension, and then apply here for the ext Non O married to Thai.  Am I missing something?

Also, how much new documentation is needed for 60 day ext?

You could get the 60 day extension and then apply for the one year extension near the end of it if you have had 400k baht for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

Your wife needs to be with you when you apply for the 60 day extension. You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.