Yaba Addiction - Need Advice

Jahil

Hello.

My 28 years old brother in law is taking yaba (and maybe other drugs) since years. He spent several 1 to 2 months period in CM psychiatric hospital but after a while he goes back to yaba.

With the years the situation is worst and worst: he bothers the family day and night to get money, he sells everything he can find, he is more and more agressive.

I am wondering if there is no organization (church, temple or ???) able to help him to get rid of it? In my eyes it has to be a long period treatment. It also has to be a close environment because othrewise he will escape rapidly.

My TW and me being abroad we tried to look on internet but we did not find anything.

all ideas and advices are welcome.

Thanks

Hello.

My 28 years old brother in law is taking yaba (and maybe other drugs) since years. He spent several 1 to 2 months period in CM psychiatric hospital but after a while he goes back to yaba.

With the years the situation is worst and worst: he bothers the family day and night to get money, he sells everything he can find, he is more and more agressive.

I am wondering if there is no organization (church, temple or ???) able to help him to get rid of it? In my eyes it has to be a long period treatment. It also has to be a close environment because othrewise he will escape rapidly.

My TW and me being abroad we tried to look on internet but we did not find anything.

all ideas and advices are welcome.

Thanks

I would suggest Wat Thamkrabok in Sariburi. It has an excellent reputation and I also can recommend it from personal experience;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104567

Many of the people there are coming off yaba and most of the monks are ex-patients

Once your BIL is there he will not be allowed to leave until he is detoxed

Here is their link:

http://www.thamkrabok.org/

Don't hesitate to PM me if you need more information

BTW, the length of treatment depends on each situation. Many yaba users also tend to use paint thinner to help them come down and this can have long after-effects. I suggest you get help for him ASAP

Sorry just found this-

IMPORTANT - ATTENTION - PLEASE NOTE:

The Monastery will be CLOSED to new addicts from 16th March 2007.

The Monastery will be CLOSED to visitors from 28th March 2007.

The Monastery will re-OPEN for new addicts and visitors from 5th May 2007.

There is a good Alcohol and Drug Treatment Center in Khon Kaen that I would recommend. I know one Thai guy personally that is clean and sober over 5 years that went to this place. Let me know if you want the contact details. I have personal experience with addictions and have worked with many others. Long term treatment is best.

Sorry just found this-

IMPORTANT - ATTENTION - PLEASE NOTE:

The Monastery will be CLOSED to new addicts from 16th March 2007.

The Monastery will be CLOSED to visitors from 28th March 2007.

The Monastery will re-OPEN for new addicts and visitors from 5th May 2007.

looks like im <deleted> for a few weeks then...is it 5 yet? time for a pint of the ole maekhong