Residency Certificate Question

We have been in the same house, under lease contract, for many years.....Our contract is up at the end of the year.....

The owner wants to sell the house and does not want another years lease contract....

He is willing to rent to us without benefit of a formal contract.....

Realistically, he put the house up for sale over a year ago, but has not sold.....Few prospective shoppers....It's possible he's holding the sales effort down to honor our lease term.....

In renewing my extension before I've used my lease to obtain the residency certificate.....

Without a signed lease, is a residency permit still obtainable? I don't want to do anything to jeopardize the next visa extension given the current climate of visa/immigration uncertainty.....

There is a property manager involved in the process, so that might be of benefit.....I believe she filed the initial notification with immigration when we first took the house.....

Edited by pgrahmm

I have previously obtained a residence certificates simply using a utility bill which is in my name. You surely should be able to survive without a residence certificate until the house gets sold.... I rarely have need of one.

The Extension I am unsure of. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I have previously obtained a residence certificates simply using a utility bill which is in my name. You surely should be able to survive without a residence certificate until the house gets sold.... I rarely have need of one.

The Extension I am unsure of. 

Thanks, yes, they are usually a one time use thing....Being able to obtain one is the question.....

About all we have coming in my name is 3BB....Water & electric are nameless.....