Barbecue Supplies & Spare Parts - Pattaya Area

Daveyh

I would be most grateful if anyone could give me any info regarding buying barbecue supplies like grate cleaner & granules for fat trays. I would also be interested where anyone purchases their spare parts, weatherproof covers for storage & tools for cleaning/cooking. I've managed to find gas regulators in local stores, but other than that I've come up empty, other than using normal domestic tools as a quick fix. There use to be a "Barbecue Store" that sold Australian barbecues in Bangkok & Pattaya, which is where I bought mine from years ago. I think due to the situation here most european outdoor hobbies have sadly been put on the "back burner", but Thai's like their "Moo gah tar" etc, so there must be still some interest around.  I went to "Hafele's" on Sukhumvit, who have a good selection of good quality barbecues, but their after sales shelves have disappeared for whatever reason. My main searches in town have not been at all successful & any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks & keep rock'in!

Edited by Daveyh
typo

3 hours ago, SidJames said:

Hafele store on the Suk opp Tescos carries brushes etc.

There is also a BBQ on the left hand side of Tressepit (sp) Rd about 100 yds before you reach the Jomtien end

Hafele were the smaller part of the same building as True Value and the latter had all the expensive imported BBQ kit. But @johng reckons True Value has closed now?

truevalue.jpg.191d86eecdd1669fa75cf7a5a77528e9.jpg

That shop on Theprassit wasn't much use for spares or accessories when I tried. They're more into selling complete units a,d they weren't cheap. The sales girls were cute though.

Edited by NanLaew

True Value have gone & Hafele have expanded into their space.

Good quality stuff but import duties make the stuff expensive.

I bought cheap brass brushes at Thai Wasadu which is further down the Suk on the other side of the road.

If you got to a local steel/iron mongers with pictures of what you want then they will run you up a copy 

• 2 weeks later...

The BBQ shop that was in Thepprasit Rd. now has an outlet in Hafele as shown above.

BBQ cover In shop cost B1,800. Got mine from Lazada 20% of the cost. They may seem flimsy but are really strong.

On 12/22/2019 at 12:25 PM, Daveyh said:

Many thanks everyone for your help, special thanks to "banglay" as the shop looks amazing. I'll go & have a look in the new year. Cheers & enjoy the festive season folks ????????☝️

Call first, we were going to go last week but fortunately called ahead and the owner told us she was making a delivery to Ban Chang and would be closed