Thai M- Visa ?

Without reading the 2 links that has been provided to you, I would say, yes!

I you are applying for a M-visa that is for the things you described already and they ask for an employer on the application for such visa. Then one would assume that it shall be an employer related to the area the apllication for the visa describes.

20 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I you are applying for a M-visa that is for the things you described already and they ask for an employer on the application for such visa.

The use the word accreditation in the PDF file not a employer.

Everything can be done without getting a non-m visa from a embassy or consulate. The MFA handles about everything.

• Thanks 2

Be careful with that visa!

A long time ago I was a journalist with official journalist certification.

I was a freelance journalist and I worked for a couple of reputable newspapers.

It's a long time ago but I think I arrived with the M visa in Thailand. The following part is sure: I applied in Thailand to get the 1 year M visa. They asked me who I work for. I gave them a letter from a reputable newspaper.

Then is took some time and I was informed by the management from that newspaper that the Thai embassy in my home country contacted the newspaper to ask about my work.

I never expected that Thailand would involve their embassy in things like that, but it happend. In my case that was no problem because I worked for them and all was legal and correct.

But I imagine the consequences if any of this would not have been correct...

My advice: If you really deserve that visa, fine. Otherwise better stay far away from it.

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's a long time ago but I think I arrived with the M visa in Thailand.

I think things have changed a lot since then. They have changed all the procedures to get the non-m visa and extension since then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think things have changed a lot since then. They have changed all the procedures to get the non-m visa and extension since then.

Obviously that might be true.

The point of my post was that even many years ago the administration in Thailand contacted the embassy in my home country to confirm the information which I gave them in Thailand.

I think anybody who applies for such a visa should be aware of this. Because wrong information, or maybe not completely true information, may result in unexpected consequences.

Obviously I don't know if that still happens. But it might happen. And that should be reason enough for everyone to make sure everything they submit is 100% correct.

• Like 1