First Marriage extension at Jomtien

Well after 12 years of doing the retirement with 800,000 in the bank ,i decided that this time i would go the marriage route,luckily i had about 10 months to sort it all out ,my biggest problem being that we were married in the UK ,luckily i was going there a month later ,so sorted it out while there ,without the least problem . more difficult i have heard if your doing it from here .

Anyway had all my paperwork as listed by Ubonjoe on here ,one problem i had come across when getting my kor ror 22 was that my full name is on my marriage certificate ,but i only use my first and last name on my passport ,however they did not even mention it . 

must say there was only one person in front and the Lady and guy who dealt with us were very cheerful and polite ,i let the wife do all the talking ,i just smiled and sorted the paperwork,we went to the bank to get our letter at 10 am (although Ubonjoe had said you get up to 3 days before at Jomtien,the wife did not want to risk it) anyway arrived at 11 was seen within 5 minutes ,when i found my first mistake ,i handed over all the paperwork ,but had not made it into two separate lots ,so sit down and do that ,then back up ,seems i needed a couple more photo copies ,did that ,but then it was lunch ,so after an hour back to the guy  ,had to sign everything and a few more copies to do ,,then got it checked by the woman and all over ,told us that they would call in a few days ,have a neighbour present . back in a month to see if all ok ,

Has anyone ever been refused after the month i wonder?

anyway all in all time consuming ,but no real problems ,luckily the wife is quite articulate and has been in business and smiles a lot ,reckon it helps 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

None that I am aware of. If there is a problem they will contact you about it so that it can be resolved.

Hi 

one question ,does the yearly extension start from when bangkok passes it or the day i applied,thanks

17 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Doing my first one soon ,,you say you do not have to take a witness ,but i heard that you were supposed to take one with you ,did they not ask for one?

Sorry so long getting back ,no they do not require a witness there ,but you must have one with you when they do the home visit ,mind you they were quite nice and easy going ,especially when they asked my wife how long we had been together and it was 21 years .

has anyone had any problems there with marriage visa?

Well they came ,3 nice guys we chatted ,our neighbour came over showed her paperwork ,she has lived there 17 years ,us 13 , we had our picture taken with her outside the house, all over quite quickly ,no hassle at all .

they did mention while talking to the wife ,the reason they now do house visits ,is to make sure people are really married .