Another TM30 question

For several years I was on "marriage" visa extensions. Never did a TM30, never fined for not doing so.

Last year I went to Savanakhet and obtained a non O multiple entry visa based on marriage. I came in to Suvarnabhumi on this with just 3 days until expiry. IO gave me 90 days, no questions, no problem! Stayed one night in hotel in BKK, then home to Kalasin on Monday.

In all the years I have been coming and going inside and outside Thailand my wife has never completed a TM30 and does not know what it is. I have been out and back twice in last 12 months.

We now have an Immigration Office in Kalasin city, so not very far to go. Previously Sakon Nakhon which was a day's trip twice for marriage extension. Tiresome enough plus all the paperwork hassle and difficulties made by IOs on the day.

I can't load the TM30 app on my tablet because it is registered in Europe, so to do a TM30 we must go to the Kalasin immigration office.

Should we bother given my type of visa and that I intend to get a new one at Savanakhet in the next 90 days, rather than extend my current permission to stay?

Thanks for all replies.

53 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

I can't load the TM30 app on my tablet because it is registered in Europe, so to do a TM30 we must go to the Kalasin immigration office.

You can also do it online. Link: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Unless you leave and re-enter the country or travel and stay in hotel that does the report the TM30 can be a one time thing. 

Not sure what the Kalasin's offices policy is for needing to do them.

I would not avoid doing the extension due to the TM30 reporting.

Went to Kalasin Immigration Office this morning. Easy to find on Google maps and anyway I know Kalasin very well. It's only a 30 minute drive now and can be combined with doing other things there, instead of the all day marathon to Sakon Nakhon. Great! 10 baht car park right in front but as we had no change he kindly waived us in. The office itself is upstairs in the building clearly marked Immigration.

They certainly want the TM 30 and big sign for it along with all the rest. Directed to a small office to the right at top of the stairs. Other stuff is straight ahead. There is a lady with a copying machine on the ground floor if you need copies made. But we didn't for this.

Very straightforward, no queue. Passport, wife's blue book and ID card handed over. Entries made on computer. Receipt and 90 day reporting notice printed off. Good to go! Technically 2 days late but no comment made about that.

I asked 2 questions before leaving:

When does this have to be done again? Only on leaving and returning to Thailand, not for moving around Thailand  itself I was told.

As I have a non O multiple entry visa from Savanakhet, so 90 day max stay, could I extend at 90 days? Yes, for 30 days more. ( Actually I thought you could extend for 60 days, am or is he right?)

On 1/15/2020 at 11:13 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can also do it online. Link: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Unless you leave and re-enter the country or travel and stay in hotel that does the report the TM30 can be a one time thing. 

Not sure what the Kalasin's offices policy is for needing to do them.

I would not avoid doing the extension due to the TM30 reporting.

Thanks Ubon Joe. So you advise play safe and do it. Will give it a go tomorrow, 2 days late. I'll report on that for your records.

10 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

As I have a non O multiple entry visa from Savanakhet, so 90 day max stay, could I extend at 90 days? Yes, for 30 days more. ( Actually I thought you could extend for 60 days, am or is he right?)

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for any of your 90 day entries.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_24

No 30 day extension can be done for a non immigrant visa entry.

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Very straightforward, no queue. Passport, wife's blue book and ID card handed over. Entries made on computer. Receipt and 90 day reporting notice printed off. Good to go! Technically 2 days late but no comment made about that

if i read this correctly you did a 90 day report, but you are on a multi entry 'O' visa

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

As I have a non O multiple entry visa from Savanakhet, so 90 day max stay, could I extend at 90 days? Yes, for 30 days more.

On 1/15/2020 at 10:11 AM, Kalasin Jo said:

Should we bother given my type of visa and that I intend to get a new one at Savanakhet in the next 90 days, rather than extend my current permission to stay?

I've been on Non-os for the past 2 and 1/2 years, never bothered with a TM30.

• Like 1