Thailand encourages homemade sanitizers, masks amid scarce supplies

snoop1130

2 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

World Health Organisation advice re masks.  There are many scientists who state that they are ineffective in preventing catching virus, but useful to prevent spread if worn by those who already have virus.

image.png.3dc703dfa68930c7d2581838c845c90f.png

I don't think that is their meaning. I doubt WHO is saying not to wear a mask in areas with  known exposure to nCoV2019. Here is what the CDC in the US says:

Q: Does CDC recommend the use of facemask in the community to prevent 2019-nCoV?

A: No. CDC does not currently recommend the use of facemasks among the general public. While limited person-to-person spread among close contacts has been detected, this virus is not currently spreading in the community in the United States.

Edited by rabas

7 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

You're in luck; there are two empty bottles but it only remains to fill them ...

In 99% of establishments where you can eat in Thailand there  is no bathroom to wash your hands before eating.
Have you already seen them in chic restaurants in Thai malls?
me never ...

You must walk sometimes 400 or 500 meters to find the toilets of the Mall ...where there is often no soap and nothing to dry your hands ...

(street food, and it's really dirty, you just have to look at where and how plates and dishes are washed, it immediately makes you want to run away,  but before without needing to be lucky you can take out your camera to take pictures of the rats roaming among the dishes and cutlery.

So if you are fit and healthy you develop a strong immune system .....  Just what you need now.

On a side note to this - I do wonder what the general strength of the immune system is for young kids who have been brought up in western house hold with obsessively cleaning parental care who use the latest 'this soap kills 99.99% of all germs' every 5 minutes - Who have never played in a sand pit and spent countless hours in front of a PC or TV ....