Letter from USA to Thailand

TexanInUdon

Firstly, I apologize if this is redundant because I am sure there are previous posts regarding this subject but I must be challenged at the search function because I cannot find them here.

I need to have a couple things mailed to me from the USA to Thailand.  The items could be placed in a birthday card envelope.  So basically a regular envelope is the size.

There is no particular rush...so overnight is not a need........but I would be to be able to track it.

Just wondering if you could share your method of shipping,  how long it took to receive a regular shipped “letter” and ballpark costs.

I swear I remember reading about DHL on here..... but I cannot find the previous posts.

Thanks for your time and input.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Got a letter from my US bank, took 6 weeks.

Yes, so-called surface or standard mail can take up to six weeks from the USA to Thailand.

With priority mail, the seasonally increased volume during certain times of the year tends to result in longer than the usual delivery time.

6 hours ago, riclag said:

why isn't fed ex  recommended?

Because posters can't tell the difference between letter mail and package mail

FEDEX is shunned for packages due to their being a "red flag" attracting Thai Customs, it probably isn't mentioned for letter / documents because it is so expensive