E-mailing A Tm-8: Any Experiences?

I have to get a Re-entry Permit soon. I prefer to get it a few days in advance of my flight. I noticed on the Thai Immigration website that you can email the completed TM-8, then go to the office the next day:

Quote:

For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]

— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

— Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

I'm curious if anyone has done this and if so, do you have to wait long, or return a 2nd time?

I have to get a Re-entry Permit soon. I prefer to get it a few days in advance of my flight. I noticed on the Thai Immigration website that you can email the completed TM-8, then go to the office the next day:

Quote:

For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]

— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

— Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

I'm curious if anyone has done this and if so, do you have to wait long, or return a 2nd time?

In my experience (albiet a year ago) it is far easier to get it at the airport on your way out. I found it a lot less time consuming than putting up with the traffic getting to and from Suan Phlu. By all means download it from the internet and complete it on your computer beforehand...they seem to like it if you are all prepared and dont waste their time doing something you can do beforehand.