Alcohol manufacturers’ help sought in plan to make hand-cleaning products

webfact

Alcohol manufacturers’ help sought in plan to make hand-cleaning products

By The Nation

800_f554ee27a807340.jpg?v=1583738674

File photo

Officials asked manufacturers to donate 300,000 litres of alcohol for cleaning products, which will be distributed nationwide for free, said Excise Department director-general Patchara Anuntasilpa. 

The amount of alcohol will be mixed with 100 million litres of cleaning products to give away nationwide daily for a month at 1 litre per person.

The department is supporting Sam Thap liquor (distilled liquor with an alcohol content of 80 per cent or more) to be used as an ingredient in hand-cleaning products, offering a tax incentive to manufacturers in order to increase the number of germ killers on the market.

The department will issue a zero-tax privilege for Sam Thap liquor converted into alcohol-based hand cleaning products that are not made for sale.

Applicants to make the products must be a government agency or people certified by the government and will be in effect until September 30. However, if the coronavirus situation does not return to normal, an extension will be considered.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383683

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-09

I've been saying to the wife we should be making alcohol out of the reject mangoes we have.  I cannot eat all we have...but I am trying! Selling alcohol for disinfect would add value to what would otherwise rot on the ground. 

• Like 1

3 Pharmacies I went to today were all out of Alcohol , didn't know when it would be back.

Isopropyl alcohol can't be found in thailand way before corona outbreak.

I went to look for it in bangkok last year , nothing , here in the province , pharmacies , even in 3 hospitals , mai mee and can't order.