Malaysia bans foreign visitors from 18 March

Probably more suited to the World News forum but as it will likely affect folks with visa runs I posted it here.  Malaysia has announced a fairly major lock down to start from 18th March through to 31st (if indeed it gets lifted then) with one of the measures being to ban all foreign visitors / tourists.  What will be interesting to see is whether folks already there will be able to get out by air after the 18th.

Not for visa purposes but I have an unavoidable trip to make to Malaysia tomorrow (17th), scheduled to return on 20th.  Talk about nerve wracking!!

• Thanks 1

I had planned a visa run to Malaysia on the 6th april, my visa stilll valid till 17th april, all flight tickets paid long time. But i decide on friday that it could be to dangerous due to virus and borders closure. So i did my visa run instead today at Phu Nam Rong without any problems. Get another 3 months stamp and with an option to get additional 2 months at immi office. After that i hope all is ok again.   

• Like 1

Agreed it was a bolt out of the Blue Singapore starts its lockdown tonight midnight land border JB not so much but flying in no visa run with out prior approval to land and 14 stay at home policy

Malaysia's case will become clearer tomorrow just how restrictive it will be.

but there was a large spike in KL due to a mosque event and word on the grapevine is Malaysia has been doctoring the figures that might explain this action but all the local Malay workers can cross into Singapore and no need for   self isolation life as usual but Malaysia is closing a lot we wait and see

& yes, Thailand could do the same
Vietnam is already hitting the 14 day quarantine as is Australia

I think Laos is the only country not to be taking any action

• Like 1