Hot day and thundershowers forecast for upper Thailand

rooster59

Hot day and thundershowers forecast for upper Thailand

By THE NATION

800_c0ccfc2c8afa5d7.jpeg

The Thailand Meteorological Department forecast on Saturday (March 21) that a thermal low covers upper Thailand causing hot weather during the day.

The westerly trough moves through the North and the upper Northeast while the southerly and the southeasterly winds bring humidity from the South China Sea to the lower Northeast, the East and the Central regions.

Summer storms are possible with gusty winds, hail and lightning in some parts of the upper country. People should beware of severe weather by keeping off unsecured buildings and outdoor installations. Farmers should beware of damage to crops, the department said.

The weather forecast for the next 24 hours is as follows:

Northern region: Hot to very hot with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas along with gusty winds and hail; temperature lows of 18-26 degrees and highs of 36-40 degrees Celsius.

Northeastern region: Hot with thundershowers in 30 per cent of the areas along with gusty wind and hail; temperature lows of 22-25 degrees and highs of 33-38 degrees Celsius.

Central region: Hot during the day with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas along with gusty winds; temperature lows of 23-26 degrees, highs of 36-39 degrees Celsius.

Eastern region: Hot with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas along with gusty winds; temperature lows of 24-28 degrees, highs of 33-37 degrees Celsius; waves a metre high.

Southern region (east coast): Partly cloudy with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 20-27 degrees, highs of 32-37 degrees Celsius; waves a metre high.

Southern region (west coast): Partly cloudy with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 22-26 degrees, highs of 35-38 degree Celsius; waves a metre high and more than a metre offshore.

Bangkok and surrounding areas: Hot during the day with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 25-27 degrees, highs of 33-37 degrees Celsius.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384560

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-21

3 hours ago, stouricks said:

So you must have been in the 10% of the areas for which rain is forecast. For the other 90%, same as usual....drought.

Last night had about 20 mins of rain not heavy,town itself recorded 4.9 mm,but i am about a cliick and a half out i dont think we got that much,irony was i had just watered the garden. I had a bore put in about a week ago he went down 50 metre,and according to my girlfriend found the 'eye of the water' which i take to mean he found a substansial artesian supply down there.

3 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Last night had about 20 mins of rain not heavy,town itself recorded 4.9 mm,but i am about a cliick and a half out i dont think we got that much,irony was i had just watered the garden. I had a bore put in about a week ago he went down 50 metre,and according to my girlfriend found the 'eye of the water' which i take to mean he found a substansial artesian supply down there.

What did that cost you please?

10 hours ago, stouricks said:

What did that cost you please?

I think it was around 26,000 all up,including pipes ,submersible pump,ect ,ect,my guys charged me a flat rate of 15,000 for the drilling,some charge by the metre,as mine was 52 metre deep a good deal,they hit water at 22 metre,but he was not satisfied so they drilled another 32 metre,then hit rock and the 'eye of water' so a big pool of it,they used a compressor and water to blow all the sand and dirt out,the water is crystal clear,and unlike town water,which we have none of for maybe 2 months,apart from a couple of days,it does not stink like rotten eggs,and is not brown when you fill a sink,well worth the investment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

I think it was around 26,000 all up,including pipes ,submersible pump,ect ,ect,my guys charged me a flat rate of 15,000 for the drilling,some charge by the metre,as mine was 52 metre deep a good deal,they hit water at 22 metre,but he was not satisfied so they drilled another 32 metre,then hit rock and the 'eye of water' so a big pool of it,they used a compressor and water to blow all the sand and dirt out,the water is crystal clear,and unlike town water,which we have none of for maybe 2 months,apart from a couple of days,it does not stink like rotten eggs,and is not brown when you fill a sink,well worth the investment

when I worked in Burlington Vermont area, many people had fine artesian wells and pumps.  However quite often the water while pure had subtle but noticeable  sulfur smell to it.  geologically an ancient seabed, lots of minerals, etc.