Advice needed please? Issued work permit but cannot apply for visa within 30 days..

My work permit is valid from March 24th until 23rd April. I need to apply for my 12 month visa during this time but with the airport and embassies closed I am at al loss where to apply for my visa?

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience of this?

Many thanks,

Chris 

I assume mean a multiple entry non-b visa that is valid for one year from the date of issue.

You could possibley apply for a 12 months extension of stay based upon working it you and your company qualifies for it.

If you are on a 90 day entry now it you can stay until the emergency decree is over or when you can leave the country to get an new visa.

• Like 1

What visa do you have now? Tourist? Exempt? Non-B?

You should call up immigration hotline and ask for English service (they do have it and the level of English of their call centre was actually excellent) - tell what visa you have, when it expires, that you got work permit, and what you could do. I'm quite certain they would be able to advise you how to proceed. In my case (unrelated to your challenge) they were very helpful, with below probably even more helpful. Phone number is 1178.

image.png.82cfac46b425a5750c6c6b17f745c460.png