Phuket Governor holds to April 30 deadline to ‘end COVID spread’

snoop1130

Phuket Governor holds to April 30 deadline to ‘end COVID spread’

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1586864216_1-org.jpg

Governor Phakaphong delivered his expectation today (Apr 14). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana today (Apr 14) maintained his goal of ending the spread of COVID in Phuket by April 30.

Governor Phakaphong delivered his expectation today at a meeting of high-ranking Phuket officials to set goals and strategies for joint action “to end the COVID-19 situation” in Phuket.

The Governor pointed out the many measures already rolled out to help prevent the spread of the virus, including the 14-day lockdown on all non-essential travel between sub-districts which began yesterday.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-governor-holds-to-april-30-deadline-to-end-covid-spread-75696.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-14

8 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

IT won't just magically go away on 30th april.

A simple finger snap of the maximo leader and the state of emergency will be extended and all related dates.

• Like 1

I think we shouldn't see it too negative. They are seriously trying to combat the spread with their measures and let's give them credit for that instead of always running them down. A bit of positivity makes life more enjoyable in these times.

• Like 2

It is possible to achieve, as long as people respect the lockdown. There is order here,  Thais are doing their best to stop the spread of virus, and they will make it.

Fed up with negative comments posted by frustrated and depressed farangs. Most of them come from countries where covid -19 is raging and their people are dying in  numbers. So , they better not say anything. What a nasty bunch of people 

Nice that a couple of people in Phuket and actually AFFECTED by this thread have commented. 

The Gov has been making the best of a bad thing and I agree that some things have left a lot to be desired- this pandemic is on a scale no one could have imagined (look how hard it has hit other countries for example). One wonders how much he was hamstrung by orders from above and 'influential' people.  Personally I have found that he has brought nothing to the table during his tenure but he has handled this quite sensibly.

The lockdown was late in coming but a visitor to Kamala in early Apr that saw a couple of naval vessels offshore may have been part of the cause- can't have a holiday spoiled. The current cluster in Bang Tao could get worse despite them saying there were no new cases today. The big boys 'rice bowls' are more important than lives at the end of the day and they are running dry at present.

What is wrong with having a goal? If it has to be extended so be it. We are still two weeks away from the tipping point and even then there's not going to be a massive inrush to Phuket- other countries will have their own travel restrictions in place for the foreseeable future.  

Personally I'd rather have a longer lockdown if necessary to make people safe even though they are suffering in the short to medium term rather than opening the floodgates and undoing what has been achieved so far. People are rallying round and taking Kamala as an example, are trying to help the less fortunate.

I agree with those who are praising the efforts of the officials and all who are doing their best in these difficult times.

However, I'm concerned that picking a date in the not too distant future with the expectation of the situation settling down is fraught and any consideration of opening the floodgates to tourism is unwise to say the least.

I'v notice all over the world there is anticipation that we can get back to normal in a week or a month os some time soon, nothing wrong with being positive but this aint over yet and it's going to be a long haul.