NEW Swimming Pool

CNX69

Skimmer system is about 10 % cheaper but you have to top up the water manually.

You have a waterline that is below the top of the pool. So scum lines appear! 

If you don't clean the scum line on a regular basis it will burn into the surface & become permanent!

Overflow has a ball valve in the surge tank that tops up automatically. (These can & do fail & then need replacing) The overflow grating (Plastic) do become brittle over time & need replacing.

Aesthetics is a matter of personal preference! However most prefer the overflow in its many varieties!

Skimmer system.jpg

overflow system grating.jpg

Coping.jpg

Infinity & stone overflow.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bagwain said:

Skimmer system is about 10 % cheaper but you have to top up the water manually.

You have a waterline that is below the top of the pool. So scum lines appear! 

If you don't clean the scum line on a regular basis it will burn into the surface & become permanent!

Overflow has a ball valve in the surge tank that tops up automatically. (These can & do fail & then need replacing) The overflow grating (Plastic) do become brittle over time & need replacing.

Aesthetics is a matter of personal preference! However most prefer the overflow in its many varieties!

Skimmer system.jpg

overflow system grating.jpg

Coping.jpg

Infinity & stone overflow.jpg

Bagwain is correct in my opinion. I think the overflow pool is better. That said I did my pool myself and didn't think the local Isaan farmers who were helping me could make an overflow pool happen as non of us had built a pool before. 

You do get a scum line with the skimmer pool (bit hard to see from my pics) but I clean it as I'm swimming and a good clean on Sundays. Being in the middle of an agricultural area we get a lot of black soot from sugar cane and other crop burns.

I'd listen to Bagwain as he knows what he's talking about.

20200516_055102.jpg

20200516_055154.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...