Exiting Usa And Immigration Paper Via Lax

Hi,

Does anyone here have any experience with the new procedures at Los Angeles Int. as it regards the new Immigration form that now goes ith foreign national passports? Does the airline take it with the boarding pass at the gate like here in Thailand? Is there somewhere else it is deposited?

My wife and kids are coming back from the states via LAX in a few days. She is Thai, so her passport has one of those forms. I want to make sure she knows what to do with it, so she has no issues on subsequent visits for any reason.

Thanks,

Dr. B

Hi,

Does anyone here have any experience with the new procedures at Los Angeles Int. as it regards the new Immigration form that now goes ith foreign national passports? Does the airline take it with the boarding pass at the gate like here in Thailand? Is there somewhere else it is deposited?

My wife and kids are coming back from the states via LAX in a few days. She is Thai, so her passport has one of those forms. I want to make sure she knows what to do with it, so she has no issues on subsequent visits for any reason.

Thanks,

Dr. B

Dr B

Altho I've seen some references to an Immigration kiosk supposedly at the departure area of lots of U.S. airports that accept the foreign travellers form I-94, I've NEVER seen such a machine.

Your wife & kids can just ask the folks at the airline check-in desk who takes their I-94s.  The last several trips my wife has made it's been the airline that takes it.

FYI, I'd suggest they make xerox copies of the I-94s and bring them back here.  This is just in case the airline loses the I-94s, if so, then it could be a problem on their next trip to the U.S.  INS, well, "CIS" now, is supposed to enter the departure in their computers and if there's no entry does raise a Q whether or not the foreign visitor did, indeed, depart the U.S. by the end of their visa term.

At least they'll have their passports with the Thai arrival stamps to show a U.S. departure, but copies of the I-94s might also be handy.

Mac