Domestic Rail Travel for "Farangs"...?

McArie

Are foreign visitors allowed to travel unrestricted on Thai domestic/intercity trains 

Your recent (i.e. beginning June onwards) experiences particularly welcomed.

My question comes out of concern after reading on this forum that there is a ban on foreign visitors/nationals for travelling by gov't run buses in Thailand...

• Thanks 1

I read in  a TV report somewhere that rail companies stated that foreigners were welcome. Usual screenings only.

I will see if I can find the link.

From the Pattya news on the 11/6

'It is worth noting that private bus companies and other methods of transportation still allow foreign passengers.'

From The Thaiger

'The State Railway of Thailand says foreigners are also allowed to board long distance trains.'

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Thanks 2

On 6/14/2020 at 8:49 AM, time2093 said:

All trains and buses except of the Transport Bus Company allow foreigners to ride on their service.

That has now been recinded. Foreigners are now welcome on those buses.

Edited by jimn

On 6/14/2020 at 8:54 AM, McArie said:

Brilliant, many thanks Tropicalevo and time2093 !

These days one cannot take for granted anything travel-wise, so better to ask than regret ???? 

From today June 15 foreigners should be allowed on any train or bus. The problem is where you're going and where you travel from. It's still up the Provincial Governors whether a 14 days quarantine is needed or not. 

17 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

From today June 15 foreigners should be allowed on any train or bus. The problem is where you're going and where you travel from. It's still up the Provincial Governors whether a 14 days quarantine is needed or not. 

Is there any reliable source which Governors are still playing "little Dictator" ?

I know that Krabi allows staying 72 only for non Krabi residents but what about the other provinces ?