Used Motorbike For Sale?

heybruce

Alright, thanks for the info. Uh, where is the Mae Jo Road? Do you know when the auction is and how many bikes are usually there?

Mae Jo Road: Your on the north side of the super highway heading East. You pass Tesco Lotus on your right and cross over the Ping River. At the end of the bridge is an exit that you need to take. You reach an intersection with a traffic light and turn left. Follow this road to the next light. Go through the light. The first drive way is the Rimping Supermarket. The second is the Mee Chok Market. Turn left in this driveway and continue straight for about 150 meters. You will notice all the motorcycles and cars lined up and ready to be sold.

Be careful. Not all of the people selling are honest. Look at what you are buying carefully and you may get a very good deal.

Alright, thanks for the info. Uh, where is the Mae Jo Road?

Errh, the Mae Jo road is the road to Mae Jo, Route # 1001.

If you dont know where Mae Jo (Cho) is, you probably need to look at a map.

Try a piece of this one

145488105-S.jpg

Good luck finding the right "motorbite" around there.

Went to the Mae Jo weekend market a few times, no super-righteous deals, really. There are shops around town all week too. I ended up buying a used Honda Wave 125 from Niyom Panich (dealer) because I figured if I had a problem, I'd know where to find them. A year later, no problems, even after they had to fix my bike after I lost a fight with a mountain road out near Doi Inthanon.

Thank you for the detailed directions and the map. I've been using a motorbike for only a few months and haven't driven outside of the superhighway, but I think I can handle this.

Also, if anyone can direct me to Nayom Panich or any other dealers they have had good experiences wth, and steer me away from less reputable dealers, I'd really appreciate it. I like to check out a lot of options before making a big purchase.

Niyom Panich is on the road leading from the moat to Airport Plaza and then toward Hang Dong. Heading south, it will be on the right shortly before the flyover ramp. It's the big Toyota car and Honda bike dealership, and even 2 or 3 Suzukis. I bought my bike there, new.

interactive-map.jpg

Niyom Panich is said to be on Mahidol Rd, but on this map it looks like it is on Om Muang road, Grid B4 on the map, right at the nose of the plane. It' just a half mile north of the airport basically. Hard to miss, they sell cars, computers, etc. One more instance, my wife wrecked her bike about 14 months ago. New front wheel, new front shocks, new fairing, new dash console, basically a whole new front end for 2800 THB including labor. Again, Honda Wave 125.

Edited by calibanjr.

> Niyom Panich is said to be on Mahidol Rd, but on this map it looks like it is on Om Muang road

Nobody in Chiang Mai has ever managed to properly figure out Where Mahidol road starts and ends. Some stretches of the very same tarmac (concrete) are often called either.

Same for Wualai road. Where does it actually end? What is the stretch just before the Airport Plaza intersection called?!