Is It Hot Or Is It Me?

jaideeguy

This is my 7th summer here in CM and i've come to know that most summers are hot, this one seems much HOTTER than any I've experienced so far, making me feel lazy, stupid and irritable.

Are others feeling the same, or is it just me???

Please let me know if others are feeling same-same....

Thanx

JDG

I was going to post the same question today.......I have lived here for many years and I do not remember it being this hot in April before.... Over the years there were some nights when going to sleep it was quite warm even with a fan, but it seems this year that it is still hot throughout the entire night and I find myself damp from persperation in the morning....

In there any chart whereby one can check the daily temperatures,this year, against the same date in years past??

Gonzo

The older we get (and I'm old as dirt!) the less we seem to tolerate the heat. So hot last 2 days, didn't want to take my usual walk to reservoir at CMU. The good thing is, the haze and smoke has largely cleared out. Beautiful blue sky, for a change :o

Edited by mcgriffith

It's Hot alright. Hot Hot Hot.

Not Every year is as hot.

Doesn't feel hotter than last March. 2 Years B4 that it was just as hot IIRC.

Chiang Mai Temp today

http://english.wunderground.com/global/stations/48327.html

Yesterday a high of 39

http://english.wunderground.com/history/ai...eq_statename=NA

Last year on this date

March '06

Edited by misterme

Does anyone know of a place there in Thailand where you can escape the heat of summer- other than an airconed room in the house. I know that in the Philippines you can escape to Baguio or Tagaytay, where it is much cooler.

It's miserable and hot just like it's been for the last 20 years that I've been here.

No change. :o

Really? There has never been a 21st of April with 41C in the shadow for the past 31 years I can find stats for.

Definitely hot, around 38+ at the moment. Was on the piss with a friend last night downtown Chiangmai and the bar fans just wasn't cutting it even at 2:00AM in the morning. Finally hit some venues with AC. Took a short walk to get breakfast and decided enough and am now in my university office with AC even though it's a day off.

Agree with the above. Been here nearly 10 years and never felt so hot and sticky, we don’t have A/C.

I thought it may just be me getting older as I used to tolerate the “summer” with not much problem but even Ms D is wilting these days so there must be something in the air.

Had a couple of heavy rain showers last week that cleared the air and lowered the temperature a bit but then the humidity kicked in so no real relief.

We are pricing A/C units now to see if we can afford to buy and run one, I believe they reduce the humidity also and that in it’s self would be a great improvement.

D.D.

Granted it is a tad warm.

April 27 is said to be the hottest day of the year (I know it can't be just one day can it) but that means we still have a few days to go.

I think that it's gonna be another couple of weeks (no at least a month) before it starts to come down much.

We have been using the AC every night and here's me with just the sheet and her with the duvet pulled up.

Can't please all the people all the time....

I bet today we hit 40. I love it, I must have been a lizard in another life.

It's sticky but compared to BKK is way better.

The best hot I ever felt was in Vegas, hot and dry like a camel's @ss

I'll take your word for that..... :o

It's miserable and hot just like it's been for the last 20 years that I've been here.

No change. :D

Really? There has never been a 21st of April with 41C in the shadow for the past 31 years I can find stats for.

The average daily high temp in Chiang Mai in April is 36 degrees which is plenty hot and miserable in my book. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I have to say this week it has been far hotter than most years. I've been waiting for the cool down after New Year to happen but it just hasn't come!

Yesterday I jumped in the car with had been sitting under a sun shade and turn the key and the thermometer read 41C . . . I thought maybe it's had some sun as well, drove off and it went up to 43C.

I have to say it ain't nicest weather to be doing building on the house! I've been literally drenched in sweat which was rolling off my brow like someone had tipped water on me. Even the local and Viet labourers on the house have been sweating - normally they are looking at the sweaty farang working. :o

Kn Marco... would you care to elaborate on the why's and wherefore's of the scientific study you ran on the camels @ss .... It would probably be an interesting story.....

PS Was she cute?????

It was a girl camel wasn't it ????????

:o:D

Maybe all of you weather aunties would like the haze back so the sun doesn't get through? You DID all notice it was exceptionally clear today for a rainless/cloudless day did you? That helps the temperatures up, too.

I can't wait for next month when eveyone can start complaining about a 1 hour rainshower.

Kn Marco... would you care to elaborate on the why's and wherefore's of the scientific study you ran on the camels @ss .... It would probably be an interesting story.....

PS Was she cute?????

It was a girl camel wasn't it ????????

:D:D

He he, guys don't ask, it's a top secret matter :o years and years of practice make me an International expert about camel's @sses :D

ps. it's an Italian saying, guess it doesn't sound very well in English uh ? :D

Edited by KhunMarco

. . . . . The best hot I ever felt was in Vegas, hot and dry like a camel's @ss

. . . . . It was a girl camel wasn't it ? . . . . .

. . . . . it's an Italian saying, guess it doesn't sound very well in English uh ? :o

Not at all. It sounds very well in English, where it has an evocative and fresh, one might say almost virginal, quality.

Maybe all of you weather aunties would like the haze back so the sun doesn't get through? You DID all notice it was exceptionally clear today for a rainless/cloudless day did you? That helps the temperatures up, too.

I can't wait for next month when eveyone can start complaining about a 1 hour rainshower.

Yep,I'm all for haze now.Just shows you what a bit of pollution can do to cool down the planet...... :o

Q.Why do we have 'weather'???? A. to complain about or to enjoy

Q. Why do we have this forum??? A. to voice our complaints or pleasures.

To be honest, i would almost prefer the haze to the hot sun as it blocked some and lowered the temp a little.

too bad it boils down to the lesser of two evils. and FYI....i always welcome the rains as it cools things down and waters this parched earth. we water our grounds at least 3-4 times a day and lawn is still brown.

gimme a little rain, please

asking for snow is way off huh?

I thought it was always the Brits or Australian Cockies that complained about the weather – I’m proved wrong again.

A New Zealand cockie would take some beating when it comes to complaining about the weather. :o

If it's not too dry, it's too hot or it's been too long without rain.