How would YOU have dealt with it? Online shopping with Lazada & Tops Online

GugaSomething

Hello people,

I would like to share my recent frustration with you in an attempt to receive tips or advice on how you would have handled these situations.

Let me begin with my shopping experience with Lazada. On the 27th of June, I bought a not so cheap Sharp water dispenser for about 9000 THB. The item arrived late and broken, it did not work. I called Lazada and they said that they were gonna take care of it and pick it up within five days. I am still waiting for that day to come. I keep calling them, and they keep telling me "oh you are on the priority list," your item will be picked up by tomorrow." So, here we are, wasting plastic and money by buying bottled water and hoping that this issue will be resolved. At this point, I am worried that we might never see that money back. When I had a similar experience with Amazon, the company refunded the money and they dealt with the seller without having to keep me on my toes. Has anyone faced a similar experience with Lazada? How did you deal with the situation.

My other experience was with Tops Online. Something happened which does not fully make sense to me. I bought items worth almost 4000 THB. One of these items was a pack of six eggs. Tops Online calls me and tells me that they ran out of the eggs brand. So, I asked them please replace them with any other brand. The person replied with "cannot". I said, it was fine if I had to pay extra money or even if I lost a little money for that exchange. Then he said "cannot". What does not make sense is that we do online shopping for convenience and in my case because I do not own a car, so I cannot easily buy my stuff. Why would I do online shopping if every-time the store runs out of a specific brand, I had to go pick a different item myself? I asked them to cancel my order and refund me the money because if I had to go get the missing items, I could as well do the whole shopping myself. Now I have to wait for up to two months for the money to be refunded to me. Does any of you find this weird? How would you have dealt with a similar situation? 

Thanks for taking your time to read my story

• Like 1

Nothing gets done by going through their customer service. 

Get a case number and paste it on their social media asking when they will resolve it. Keep doing this. Loss of face gets things done - nobody here cares about "fairness" or doing their job. It's why they're a backwards swamp instead of Singapore 2.0, and losing all their big business to vietnam.

It took Tops 6 months to refund me 2500 thb of "out of stock" items, and I had to escalate to a Kasikorn chargeback. They took up until the last day they were allowed before it would default against them, and then put the cash back into my account.

I suspect there is some foul play going on or something in the background and they stupidly assume farang are not going to chase them up. The reason for this is because they kept sending me the details of another foreigner when talking about my transactions when it had nothing to do with it (not close by ID or other).

This is also why I pay international credit card wherever possible - once they have your money then "have escalated to operations" will be the only response you get - customer service here don't actually have any power it seems.

• Thanks 1

If in BKK, Happyfresh gives you the option of letting the shopper replace an item (their choice) or call you if out of stock.  The COD amount is updated accordingly.  I would never use a credit card for the reasons listed above.

• Thanks 1

Lazada is owned by alibaba And they don't care. You should have clicked return , printed off the label and taken it to the post office. Lazada customer  services are terrible. They will keep lying to you until you give up.

2 hours ago, GugaSomething said:

I am still waiting for that day to come.

Print return label, drop off at post office or 7-11.

Can't get much easier than that.

PS

The tap water is fine, no need to filter.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GugaSomething said:

I do not own a car, so I cannot easily buy my stuff.

Eggs are on sale within 100m of your home, no matter where you live in Thailand.

Complaining because they didn't deliver is madness.

PS

Buy from Tesco Online, you can pay COD.

PPS

I'd say the problem is you ...... but what do I know.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Eggs are on sale within 100m of your home, no matter where you live in Thailand.

Complaining because they didn't deliver is madness.

PS

Buy from Tesco Online, you can pay COD.

PPS

I'd say the problem is you ...... but what do I know.

What do you know indeed... You don't know where I live, so please do not assume that I have a connivence store nearby. Also, I do not know if you are able to carry a bottom-load water dispenser to a 7 eleven, but I sure cannot. Thank you for your Tesco Online suggestion. 

• Haha 1

Hmm, never had a problem returning with Lazada. Couple of times the seller tried to give me the run around a call to the helpline had it sorted. After that it was a matter of printing up the return form, dropping the item off at either a 7/11 or Kerry Center and waiting a couple of days for a refund to my CC.

But I am guessing you are in a remote location which might be the reason Lazada is taking time organizing a pickup. Call them and ask if they can give you some kind of tracking number for the pickup.