Gold Rings At Mbk

chrisjune

hey everyone

i'm planning to shop for a nice gold mens ring at MBK...i've looked at the floor plans on the MBK website and there are so many jewelry shops...can someone recommend a good one to check out? and is it possible to bargain with them, or are the prices set in stone?

any help will be much appreciated...thanks!

hey everyone

i'm planning to shop for a nice gold mens ring at MBK...i've looked at the floor plans on the MBK website and there are so many jewelry shops...can someone recommend a good one to check out? and is it possible to bargain with them, or are the prices set in stone?

Bargain!!!! For gods sake bargain!!! Knock at least 25-30% off their price - then work up to what they will accept.

Pretty much all the shops are decent - where you buy it from will be where you see the ring you like.

Oh yeah if you want to pay by card you'll end up paying the 3% bank charge also.

hey everyone

Bargain!!!! For gods sake bargain!!! Knock at least 25-30% off their price - then work up to what they will accept.

Pretty much all the shops are decent - where you buy it from will be where you see the ring you like.

Oh yeah if you want to pay by card you'll end up paying the 3% bank charge also.

hey technocracy, thanks for the advice and information..but isn't 30% too much!? haha, i don't want to look crazy or anything! how much do regular gold rings go for on average at MBK anyways? and how pure are they?

I think most of the rings are 23K. The one I bought cost me a little over $100 US. It's just a plain band...nothing fancy. Bought it at Rajinee Jewelry. Never did any bargaining...maybe next time I'll try that.

The price for gold is fixed cant remember how much it is now(10500 bh/gram)correct me if I`m wrong, once you find out the price of gold its written on most of the shops windows it just depends on how heavy you want the ring to be and how much you bargain of course but the price of gold will give you a rough idea of the price you will be paying.

The price you pay for gold, and the price you receive when you sell it, are published daily in the newspapers and at the shops. There is some variation but it is quite small. You will see a price of say, 11,250 baht, for "one baht tong" which is 15.16 grams (or ~ 1/2 oz.). You also pay an additional fee for "workmanship", i.e. the labor that went into fashioning the item. In the case of a simple gold band that might be only 100 baht. The workmanship fee is the only thing that is even remotely negotiable. Maybe do a search here for keywords like "gold", "baht tong". Plenty of shops everywhere in Bangkok and Thailand as it is essentially a second currency. Many at MBK are outlets for shops in Chinatown.

• 2 weeks later...

i brough a gold-nec a few months ago with lower price than the price tag they show.the shop on the2nd floor mbk. before i decided to buy i asked the owner if i could have some discount and she said sure the price in tag is show for farang customer.. i am thai so i get cheaper hehehe. :o