Japanese Restaurant Review From Last Week?

Probably a foolish question and my apologies, but the missus tossed last week's paper (BANGKOK POST) before I remembered to write down the information of a new Japanese restaurant that was reviewed.

I think it was listed as being on Sukhumvit 16, but hel_l, that could mean almost a dozen places probably.

Did anyone else happen to read this and have the information :-)

I'd rather not have to buy the back issue, being the cheap slob I am and a general search of their website didn't reveal much.

Thanks,

Dr. B

I haven't read that review, but could it be Ten-Sui (0-2663-2281) opposite Family Mart in soi 16?

There's another Japanese restaurant in soi 16 called Sakinoya on the 1st floor of Summerset Lake Point condo.

If it's a new, upscale and authentic Japanese restaurant it's probably Tensui.

Very favorable ratings as far as I can find from Japanese websites.

post-13351-1177674343_thumb.jpg

I ate at Ten-sui 2 weeks ago.Didnt have a reservation (on a weeknight) and it was fully booked,had to eat at the bar(3 of us). The clientele were mostly Japanese, with the staff either Japanese or Japanese speaking Thais. Alot of things on the menu were new to me, and alot of the fish were imported,live,and put in 1 or 2 degree cold tanks.

The food was good,but because alot of it was new to me I could not make a comparison.

The bill....very expensive.

it's a pity that so many good japanese restaurants ('good' meaning featuring authentic cuisine - not the knife flipping, yakitori crap that impresses white people - and characterised by a mostly japanese clientle) are ludicrously expensive...probly has to do with the clientle being mostly japanese business types on big expense accounts that won't eat anything else...

best that I've had outside of So. Calif (loadsa cheap 'mom and pop' japanese restaurants there where you can get the real goods) was recently in Ho Chi Minh City...the restaurant was next to the serviced apartment block where I lived that had a lot of japanese tenants. Excellent food but over twice what one would pay at the german-type brauhaus or the malaysian restaurant down the street...and freshly caught fish is cheap in Vietnam...