Rugby World Cup 2007

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least France, NZ, Australia, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Fiji etc know how to score a TRY

Nuff said.

:o:D:D

Maybe that is why you lose tight games an obsession with crossing the try line. Clearly sometimes that is not the best tactic.

I must say it feels great to be in the semi :D

Sorry to come on this thread after lurking to gloat, if I had known they were going to win a few weeks back I would have gloated earlier :D

If we loose, you will of course never see me on here again. Thank you.

:o

Why aren't Star Sports showing the South Africa versus Fiji game tonight?

They showed both of the other quarter finals live so why not this one??

I am relying on a website for updates now! The South Africans are leading 8-0 early in the 1st half...

Disgraceful decision. Watched it on cable good game too. Fiji were still in it with 5 to go. Excellent World Cup for them

French defeat ends Henry's reign

The New Zealand Rugby Union confirmed coach Graham Henry would be replaced at the end of the year after the team's shock World Cup defeat by France.

Henry took charge of the All Blacks after the 2003 World Cup, but Chairman Jock Hobbs said: "We'll have a new All Blacks coach in place by Christmas."

More

Unforgiving in NZ but will it help them in the long term. The RFU backed Woodward after the England lost the 1999 quarter final to South Africa. Sometimes loyalty and continuity is better than sacking the coach. Not that it's for me to worry about :o

Donny, I'm pretty sure I have the right thread? That said, where will all the TV Rugby maniacs be watching the final on the 20th Oct? I will be arriving an 17th and would enjoy meeting a few of the people that enrich my life on TV. I hope the wife wont mind if I leave her at the hotel.

I for one will be @ Tuskers, where they have a sports lounge upstairs, where its comfy and beers are cold. The owner has delusional thoughts about Englands ability to retain the RWC, but otherwise he's a likeable chap. Im sure your wife wont mind you staying out, unless you get enlisted on one of McG and Crowboys tour of duty down some dark alley :D

Thanks Donnyboy,

Had I payed closer attention I would have realised you were in Chiang Mai, that is a bit far in a Tuk Tuk from Silom Rd, so I'll go to the Office and catch the game there. Good luck to your teams guys, It's going to be a great rugby weekend.

you can catch more than just rugby at the office :D

by the looks of the website theres plenty going on there :o

been there 100's of times..can definitely concur :D

If Engerland win the RWC,I'll start supporting Rugby League 100%.Cummon Argentina, Fiji.Boks, or France......

I've never understood how this division has held out over the years. Your are allowed to watch both :o

Well at least France, NZ, Australia, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Fiji etc know how to score a TRY

Nuff said.

Ahh, another England hater. Just as well Catt and Wilko fumbled before the line or you would have been right up sh1t creek.

Nuff said :o

my predictions;

England vs Australia; Eng will have a hard job containing the Aussie backline. Although Larkam is still out, Mortlock returns. He adds alot more punch to the team and gives them direction as well. The flyhalf role goes to Barnes who is a good player. Englands strength is in the pack. Although they have some pace on the wings, the Aussies should have them neutralised. Wilko will need to be on song with the boot as well, as penalties may be crucial. Australia by 30.

30???

Nah remember, it was this combination of the pack and kicking that beat the Ozzies last time. I decline to predict a margin but it will be a much closer match than you are giving this English team credit for.

Sorry for posting so late, but I was nursing a rather serious hangover yesterday... :bah::D :D :D :D

Ahh, another England hater. Just as well Catt and Wilko fumbled before the line or you would have been right up sh1t creek.

Nuff said :D

Not a hater, just like to have a dig where possible :D

So, exactly how many tries did you get against Australia... remind me?

a fumble is a fumble is a fumble... they dont count... I almost won the lottery once :o

I am Aussie:

Its nice to score tries but clearly they aren't necessary for a win!!! Who honestly cares at the end of the game - its the result that counts? At least England played with some sort of attacking flair and enterprise for a change. Well done England.

BUT one win (albeit a WC one) does not a good-team make. I wouldn't start praising Josh Ashton and the players too much just yet. They have been little better than dismal the last 4 years. If they win the tournament I will praise them as a good team, but right now, they are an ordinary team (overall) who played just well enough the other night to get over a fairly good team (overall). We will see what they are made of the next two weeks but well done to them for rising to the occasion.

Fiji the poor b**tards! They were inches from scoring to hit the lead with 15 to go. Inches. Amazing tackle by whats his name the winger! But they exposed SA badly in attack. Holes everywhere. Just the experience and nous of the SA pack made the difference. Great dislpay from the Fiji boys!

C'mon the Argies! Jeez....imagine an England v Argies final?! Could spark another war!!!

The New Zealand Rugby Union confirmed coach Graham Henry would be replaced at the end of the year after the team's shock World Cup defeat by France.

Henry took charge of the All Blacks after the 2003 World Cup, but Chairman Jock Hobbs said: "We'll have a new All Blacks coach in place by Christmas."

More

Unforgiving in NZ but will it help them in the long term. The RFU backed Woodward after the England lost the 1999 quarter final to South Africa. Sometimes loyalty and continuity is better than sacking the coach. Not that it's for me to worry about :o

yip theyre after his blood

I hope the ref looks back on his performance on that game and realises that moment changed the outcome and ended the careers for some.

Im sure if it was any other team that it happened to eg France, there would be an outcry and rioting

my predictions;

England vs Australia; Eng will have a hard job containing the Aussie backline. Although Larkam is still out, Mortlock returns. He adds alot more punch to the team and gives them direction as well. The flyhalf role goes to Barnes who is a good player. Englands strength is in the pack. Although they have some pace on the wings, the Aussies should have them neutralised. Wilko will need to be on song with the boot as well, as penalties may be crucial. Australia by 30.

30???

Nah remember, it was this combination of the pack and kicking that beat the Ozzies last time. I decline to predict a margin but it will be a much closer match than you are giving this English team credit for.

Sorry for posting so late, but I was nursing a rather serious hangover yesterday... :bah::D:D:D:D

ok, so I wasnt correct with my predictions. Im big enough to admit it. Enjoy it.

I still think we have the best team in the world.

well theres one good thing thats come of this,

all these lurkers finally come out to post after thinking that their respective teams had no to little chance and now that an upset has occurred, they post :o

didnt think there was any passionate fans in English rugby until they won saturday night. Apart from MB of course.

all these lurkers finally come out to post after thinking that their respective teams had no to little chance and now that an upset has occurred, they post :o

didnt think there was any passionate fans in English rugby until they won saturday night. Apart from MB of course.

ohh dear here we go

Nuff said :D

Not a hater, just like to have a dig where possible :D

So, exactly how many tries did you get against Australia... remind me?

a fumble is a fumble is a fumble... they dont count... I almost won the lottery once :o

A loss is a loss is a loss ... they don't count ... Australia almost beat England in the RWC on Saturday :D

post-10470-1191821774_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain Chaos

More

yip theyre after his blood

I hope the ref looks back on his performance on that game and realises that moment changed the outcome and ended the careers for some.

Im sure if it was any other team that it happened to eg France, there would be an outcry and rioting

C'mon Donny ... it wasn't the ref' that lost it for your boys, it was being out-thought by the French Professor, M LaPorte, and 'Seabass' Chabal and his muckers. Looked like Jo Maso, team manager, had a big input to their approach too.

Graham Henry went up in my book by the dignity and good grace with which he conceded defeat ... that's sport ... I'd be disappointed to see Kiwi fans taking a leaf out of the Aussie's "someone else's fault" playbook

By the way I agree that NZ still has the best rugby and the best national team in the world - one look at their overall record through the years confirms that - but you have to bring it on the big night, and there's something consistently not quite right with the RWC prep's in the Land of the Long White Cloud.

CC

Nuff said.

Sad, Wolfie :o

Who needs to score a try to win?? :D

And only one of those teams are playing next week. Points win matches not just tries. :D

ohh dear here we go

The realities starting to sink in.

Well, I haven't posted on this forum, as I haven't felt lie saying too much. So many people have been writing off England and claiming how their teams were going to do this and that. Okay, we may not be the "best team in the world", but we could still be World Champions in three weeks, other teams would still like to have that option. I'll take the crap performances, when England can pull that sort of thing out of the hat when it really counts.

I think the reason many people havnt posted on here before is because of the tiresome English bashing that inevitably happens..."I hope any team but England wins"...."boring England"....ETC ETC ETC. I just think people cant be bothered to post. Its hardly a lack of courage as one poster mentioned...is there any courage involved in writing an anon post???

I think its just nice as an Englishman that we won and left all these petty bigoted idiots like the Aussie rugby cheif and Campese with egg on their faces. England ran the arse of the ball on sat, from deep in their own half, even from drop outs, but still we get labelled 'boring'. Teams like SA can spend the whole game kicking up and unders and nobody mentions anything.

Poor Matilda.

From the Daily Mirror on-line....

As England's supporters travelled back into Marseille on the city metro, they revisited the songs they had sung on the trains taking them back into Sydney after victory there.

They sang about the various ways they had defiled Matilda. None involved waltzing. They sang about a convict colony.

They adapted the Aussies' own chant so it went like this: "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - lose, lose, lose" and bounced it around the carriage.

:D:D:D